Butterfly Glass Window restored

bluebird4200

Yes, I ducked out of this topic months ago, mostly because I have had other problems with my pick up.

For you all that may have not seen my last posts, I have a flexible glass or butterfly glass rear window for my 74 620.

20150402_205048_zpsfgv0nxhx.jpg

20150402_205024_zpsje3yupsa.jpg

20150402_205119_zpshtsnmv6i.jpg

20150402_205055_zpssyg0y9zd.jpg

Someone cut off the center clips and ruined the integrity and functionality. Of this piece...

... It is now repaired

• Like 2
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really cool, there's so many little things Datsun included that are hard to come by.

This is an after market window.

Is there a way of reproducing the same concept using only a custom cut flexible glass and modern windows poppers? Or is the custom frame required?

Either way the glass would have to be tempered for safety reasons. For that, the cutting and drilling of any holes would have to be done first, then tempered. Plastic would be another way but not very scratch resistant.

• Like 1

This one in particular is tempered and tinted glass. The frame fits in the channel of the gasket just like normal stock glass would. It was installed on my pick up at the time of pudchase, but was pissing me off because it was slapping around from the road vibration and wind. Nimmo Machine did a great job at disassembling it and re fabricating the center clips that hold the glass from slapping around. Can't wait to see it operational on my 620.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

"restored" ?, I have an original levan window although it has a layer of tint on it and was considering replacing the plexi glass. As mentioned it isn't scratch resistant, this looks amazing any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ed

• 5 weeks later...

"restored" ?, I have an original levan window although it has a layer of tint on it and was considering replacing the plexi glass. As mentioned it isn't scratch resistant, this looks amazing any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ed

If, it is original Flex Thru window, the " Plexi-glass " is actually tempered flexible glass.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...