What other Calipers fit on my 510 Goon? "Stock"

Evaded

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy that sure cleared it up. Thanks for contributing.

Anytime. The less snarky response by dmike was my belief. The calipers correct as the pads ware. And this correction is on a fulcrum that works with the angle of the new pads.

Are heavily worn pads flat???

Are heavily worn pads flat???

Seen a lot of worn down 510 pads. None were flat. Now I'm not sure they were as angled as new ones, but certainly not flat. 

Disclaimer, never actually worn out a set myself. All my cars get the calipers thrown in the trash on day 1...   :rofl:

Don't know. I believe the caliper pivots in an arc. Only when the pads are fully worn down are the pads are parallel to the rotor.

Just something I heard and passed along. I assume there is a good reason for giving 510 owners the wedgie.

The pads worn to the backing are flat (don't ask).

FutoFab's Big Brake kits (w/12.19" rotors, $850/set) may not be for everyone, certainly not needed for an L16 DD, but you really need to do an upgrade if you've bumped the HP significantly.

Stock brakes on a mildly warmed over track day car will work, but it means a quality set of pads and the rest of the brake system must be 100%  perfect. And brake ducts are a must on a short course.

Just got this from Byron on The Realm...

brakes035.jpg

"The slider is at the top, the pivot is the castellated nut near the bottom. In the photo below which I just pulled randomly from the net - The caliper on the left is as viewed from the back side. But you can see that the bottom fixation stud hole is slotted - as noted on the caliper on the right as the mounting bracket has been removed. So it doesn’t just rotate, it does in fact slide as well on both the upper and lower fixation points."

BTW the picture is from here....  http://community.ratsun.net/topic/2981-datsun-410-wagon/page-3 page 3