EFI and EDIS Ignition.

Mattndew76

EFI all the way. Four 250cc injectors, Single TB, NOVI-2000 Paxton SC, MS-2 ECM.

Is this a list of stuff you have, or want?

The novi 2000 is usually used on V8's. Good for 970hp.

A Rotex C30-60 or 64 would be more appropriate and have better power and response down low.

4 250cc injectors are only going to support roughly 125hp.

What is your hp goal?

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Megajolt claims better resolution than that with the 36 tooth wheel. I believe they use the microsecond timing of their processor along with the pulses. Yes, the 36 tooth pulses lag compared to the 60 tooth wheel, but the ultimate resolution is up to the Control Module. The Electramotive is likely more accurate even if lower resolution.

Electramotive was cutting edge for a long time and even Nissan Competition used their ignitions. It is good stuff.

Electramotive should not be confused with Electromotive. The former is of Datsun racing fame, the latter is the modern electronics company producing top quality engine management components.

I like the Adaptronic ECU and engine management systems we have used here. Megasquirt, not a big fan.

• Like 2

Is this a list of stuff you have, or want?

The novi 2000 is usually used on V8's. Good for 970hp.

A Rotex C30-60 or 64 would be more appropriate and have better power and response down low.

4 250cc injectors are only going to support roughly 125hp.

What is your hp goal?

It's a list of things I have. 125hp is about all I'm after, but I have 2-500cc slave injectors too.

Not worried about the novi-2000 being for a V8.

• Like 1

Electramotive should not be confused with Electromotive. The former is of Datsun racing fame, the latter is the modern electronics company producing top quality engine management components.

I know. Was going to say something, but decided it wasn't worth arguing about. Thank you.

I like the Adaptronic ECU and engine management systems we have used here. Megasquirt, not a big fan.

I had never even heard of mega squirt till I joined this forum. It's cheap I guess. Started to read up on it, got to the page about the map sensor being part of the unit, and closed the page....

It's a list of things I have. 125hp is about all I'm after, but I have 2-500cc slave injectors too.

Not worried about the novi-2000 being for a V8.

My concern is that's it's going to take about 60-80hp (maybe more) of your 125 hp to drive that monster. Dosent leave much hp left to go to the wheels, if any, and that's assuming the engine has enough hp to drive the compressor fast enough to even create any boost.
  • Like 1

Another thing to think about...

Even if you were able to create the boost you'll need to get close to 125hp centrifigals share a common characteristic with turbochargers. A surge line...

Save it for a V8.

A better option that wouldn't cost thousands of $ would be to check your local wrecking yards for a supercharger from a 03-05 Mercedes C230. These put out 15 PSI on the 1.8l engine and makes around 190hp. You'll want to slow it down a bit, but this would be MUCH better match for your engine and actually work...

• Like 1

My concern is that's it's going to take about 60-80hp (maybe more) of your 125 hp to drive that monster. Dosent leave much hp left to go to the wheels, if any, and that's assuming the engine has enough hp to drive the compressor fast enough to even create any boost.

I will let you know how it turns out. :D

Gotta correct myself.  My injectors are 4-275cc injectors

Thanks for the info. Yes, I was thinking of Electramotive. I hadn't heard of Electromotive ECUs until yesterday.

I was having a hard time picturing a Datsun A12 with a blower, but now it will be burned in my memory forever. That's pretty cool.

That is pretty cool. Looks like he has two webers under that top hat.

Looks like the 98-02 MB supercharger off of the 2.3 engine. These are kind of cool as they have a electromagnetic clutch like a air conditioning compressor. Supercharger could be disengaged at idle and cruise for economy...

• Like 2

Talked with a Paxton rep today.

He said the Novi2000 is not ideal for such a small engine but would not hurt it. He stated the 54.4 Hp loss would occur at peak surge. He said in simple terms it's a climbing loss, but not noticeable because the motor is receiving 15lbs of compression overcoming any notice of a loss.

Like you said 620Turbo he also stated it won't do anything for me at low end. He did recommend since I have the blower just buy a different compressor trim. He suggested a few other items but didn't want to discourage me from having fun with what I'm doing.

He did have a good laugh at the motor though.

That is pretty cool. Looks like he has two webers under that top hat.

Looks like the 98-02 MB supercharger off of the 2.3 engine. These are kind of cool as they have a electromagnetic clutch like a air conditioning compressor. Supercharger could be disengaged at idle and cruise for economy...

Like the Mad Max Police Interceptor. Even when I was twelve I noticed that.

Except in a positive displacement SC how does the engine suck air past the rotors when they are not moving????

If it's just for looks, I would gut it. That way you won't be dragging a boat anchor behind you, or risk the compressor coming apart from surge and destroying your engine.

At the least you should contact Paxton and see what they say. They might be able to get you a custom compressor wheel with less efficiency and flow that might work?

Yea I did miss that. Sorry.

A new compressor trim is the "snail" and wheel, so basically the only thing you would be using from yours is the gearbox.

Surge is lack of airflow. There is no such thing as 15lbs of surge. He must have meant a 54hp loss under boost.

Carry on then. I'll keep my thoughts to myself...

Yea I did miss that. Sorry.

A new compressor trim is the "snail" and wheel, so basically the only thing you would be using from yours is the gearbox.

Surge is lack of airflow. There is no such thing as 15lbs of surge. He must have meant boost.

Carry on then. I'll keep my thoughts to myself...

I have no issue.

I'm doing what he said and getting what he suggested.