nj0z1200ute - 1200 ute USA build

For future reference for my A14 rebuild (at some point). I think to get the Vanilla ice up and running I will start with a fresh Weber 32/36 I have in storage and some extractors.

Future plans.....

GX head (acquired)
Twin dellorto DHLA 40s (acquired)
Cam of some sort

Heading back to the USA very soon. Can't wait to get out the wrenches.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To disconnect the electric choke, unplug the wire from the engine harness.

To disconnect the choke from the activation mechanism (either manual, water, or electric), unclip the choke shaft lever from the activation rod. Then the top can be removed.

Thanks DD. I have never ever taken a carburetor apart before. Today was my first time. That damned circle clip on the choke lever was a pain in the beeeehind to take off.

From what I can tell I think this Weber should be jetted close to the settings for an A series engine? (Mine is an A14) I could not identify the bigger screw in the middle, there was no markings.

Is there any other bits that I should check or I should adjust while I have it open and apart? Any other jets to check?

Thanks !!

13419_550dfd7aabf87.jpg13419_550dfdf6798aa.jpg13419_550dfdfc03cc7.jpg13419_550dfe01a4ceb.jpg13419_550dfe05d648c.jpg13419_550dfe0b74bf4.jpg13419_550dfe1334684.jpg

All I can say is Clean Carb! Ive never had luck with the double pump jets. I have a set for my carbs but I just got too much fuel when using them. May change with my new setup though. 

Only difference with my carbs is that I am using 180's mains on the primaries and 190's mains on the secondaries. The rest is factory set. Chokes are removed.

Thanks guys for the help and comments. I think it might be awhile before the gasoline and air get a chance to ignite inside my engine. I have so much work to do I don't even know where to begin, it is actually stressing and anxious to think about. Alot of the build i can still do myself but at some point it will have to go into paint. And also i am going to need a mechanic to build me brakes, fuel lines, fab a transmission mount, and a few other things. Still faced with a dillema where my driveshaft is too long and doesnt mount to my diff anyways, different flange. Also no idea what condition the rear axle assembly is in and whether or not its a H145, 150, 165 or 190. I have my 5 speed 60a gearbox and A14 so if it is a H145 i wouldn't want it to be on there.

In the mean time I got this fuse box from Greece. It says 1200 LB110 but seems to look like it will work with the B120. And also found a few NOS oil filters.

B110 & B120 use same fuse box, but there were three revisions. See Fuse Box

All B120 came from the factory with H165, even the first ones. But sometimes they get swapped. Anything can happen in 30-40 years. Easy enough to tell. H145 has square-pattern flange. H165 has rectangular pattern flange.

15 months of sitting in a garage. Finally time to get crackalackin.

Anyone suggest where to begin? I think I might start by putting all the wiring in the ute, engine bay through to tailights including the interior/dash and fuse box. The battery location has been moved to under the tray behind the passenger's seat so I think I need to work out a way to get wiring there unless I want to relocate the battery back into the engine bay, not sure here.

Maybe also hook up the clutch cable, accel cable to start with.

13419_55138a385a576.jpg

Thanks DD. I think I am going to buy a Battery Relocation kit from Summit when I get the money to purchase. When that happens I might ask you a few more questions on how to wire it correctly. For starters I don't know what you mean by POS jump block. But that can wait for a little while. I am still wiring up the car.

Today I tried to install the wiring in the engine bay. I assembled most of it from memory and some of it I had already done. However there is something that is driving me mad. This is the first time in 15 months I have worked on the ute so I can't remember where I placed things and where all the bits and pieces are that I stored. 

Last time I remember working on the engine bay I had three-dimensional wiring diagrams that helped me locate everything. (I can't read the 2D ones to save my life) I thought that the 3d ones were in my Gregory service manual (the one on the right in the photo) but I can't for the life of me find them in that book and it is driving me crazy. I have a still image in my mind of the diagrams, there was notations for "Australia only" or "USA only" under each of the connections and it was a 3d perspective of the engine bay. I believe there were other diagrams of all the other harness's as well. Does anyone know where I can find these? I must have had another Service Manual but have lost it during the 15 month wait. It will take me forever without these diagrams.

13419_55173fcb737a4.jpg

I bought everything I needed from the local Interstate battery store. They carry the jump blocks which is just a Positive terminal that you can bolt to the firewall under the hood. Run your starter cable and accessories from that point. If you want photos I can post some.