nj0z1200ute - 1200 ute USA build

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how to replace LCA bushings? I did all but them

normally take the arm out, burn the bush out and carefully cut through the metal sleeve to get it out. Probably best to take the arms out and take them to a mechanic

Thanks Harry. Of course I installed everything to the tee. Now I have to take it all apart to get the LCA's out. So is life.

I decided to hold off on the LCA's. I heard a clank when I took my wheel's off and noticed that the springs aren't even touching the top spring perch when I have the car lifted on the jack. They definitely need to be replaced. I will probably get a set of King Springs rather than attempt to modify my struts to suit something else like coilovers. I just don't have the knowledge and the ability to cut and weld. 

So the front suspension is on hold until I get some parts. Then I can put some springs in and replace the LCA bushings at the same time. Might be bringing the struts and the LCA's to a mechanic to have the springs put in and the bushings re-pressed.

In the mean time what the hell do I do next?

ohshit.jpg

Hoping to get most of the wiring finished new years and the weekend but they are calling for 6 inches of snow. Working in winter in a garage is tough. I can't believe mechanics here do it for a living. My kerosone heater does not help much.

Once wiring is in i might loosely fit the old radiator and use a coffee can full of gas for a test run on the a14???

Just making note of parts I need.

center console, the clip that connects wiper linkage to wiper motor, ute lower engine harness ( to starter motor, reverse switch etc...) , front circular D badge, wiring to room lamp, glove box and lid, tachometer, ute tray side panels and tailgate panels, ute fuel sender, king springs, rear ute shock absorbers, spare heater core, parts for twin sidedraft setup (minus carbs)
Still wondering if i should scrap my front bare struts and find a replacement already with brakes on them ready to go?

Also wondering if i should scrap the diff for the same reason. I would like to confirm somehow if it is the coupe diff and not the proper ute diff.

Any suggestions from my fellow US members for replacement options?

Also how do you indentify a h145 vs h165 or h150?

Quote:

datsunbeginner wrote:

Still wondering if i should scrap my front bare struts and find a replacement already with brakes on them ready to go?

Perhaps the 280zx brake upgrade is an option since I've got just bare struts?

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawi ... title=280ZX_Brake_Upgrade

But what about the diff........hmmm? Why did Nissan not just stamp H145,165 etc.. directly on the diff?

Quote:

ddgonzal wrote:

No diff manufacturer casts in an ID.

Coupe diff is easy to ID - it has a 36x50 mm flange. Larger diffs have 45 x 54 mm flange.

Thanks DD will measure and report back. But as memory recalls my other B120 had a circular flange???

Until I can afford the $300 some odd to replace my crusty washer bag and broken pump with a genuine Nissan one (oh and mik I couldn't find that replacement pump in Supercheap auto like you said)

I bought the el cheapo version. Holds water so it passed the first test.

13419_53ce0db2285c7.jpg