how do you identify a crank

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were to turn the L20B mains down to fit the L18 block you could over bore 1 mm to 85mm and fit Z20E (31.75) flat top pistons on L16 (133mm) rods. This would give you a 1950cc motor with an open chamber L20B head compression of 10.2 Basically an L20B in an L18 block. The drawback is the very short deck/rod length which would add side load to the pistons and not be good for high revs. This is why the L20B is 2cm taller than the L16/18.

yea mike. i think thats what he did. i dont rember all the info on the motor .i came in a dime i bought 6years back.it had a holley carb onit. I blew the ring walls out in the#1 piston and never got around to fixing it i do belive that it was a 120 crank with L16 rods and a z piston that was milled to a flat top it revd nice.didnt last long. Iam just thinking of building a L motor and looking at all the stuff i have and going with the craziest i can come up with :lol::lol: