Aussie Datsun 2300 G130 Cedric (long term project)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not a single 240K here in America. But that looks like a 71B transmission.

Yeah I like to rub in all the cars that you didn't get :P but you did get bigger engines in most things so we'll call it even :( . The bell housing has  L8 cast into it and the sandwich plate has an A. I'll have a hunt on google just leting you know

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

you will fall in love with this car I have 3 a 1969-70 and a 1971 2 of these are under resto and the other is a parts car good luck. by the way if you put the 260z in you may have problems with the sump as the 2300 engine is back to frount to the 2400 2600 and the 2800 it can be done maybe a 240c sump will come close

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

you will fall in love with this car I have 3 a 1969-70 and a 1971 2 of these are under resto and the other is a parts car good luck. by the way if you put the 260z in you may have problems with the sump as the 2300 engine is back to frount to the 2400 2600 and the 2800 it can be done maybe a 240c sump will come close

Thanks for that super six. Do you have any build threads or photos? So hard to find anything on these cars unless you speak Japanese. Have to catch up when I get it on the road, We do a few Geelong trips :) 

• 3 months later...

It depends on what you are needing

Hi Supersix, Needing a stainless strip from drivers side sill, a personal six ps rear door card, probably a few other little bits too. I like to get a hold of an aircon, mine had one but its been removed. I need a good set of sills but might be easier to just get some made up. If you had a spare L23 I'd probably be interested be nice to have spares and rebuild my L23. Anything you could help out with would be appreciated though.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just done a paddock rescue of a 2300 Personal Six. It's rough but a restorer. Among the items I need to get this up and going are bumpers, boot lid & bonnet, bumpers and some badges. Still assessing the repair of doors & guards. Do you supersix man or windowless66 have any to sell or know where I might try next. I'm in Mount Gambier so not all that far from Geelong supersix man. I also have a 2000 wagon six, getting into the "Cedric" frame of mind...

• Like 1

hey guys I've owned my Datsun 2300 super six for about 20 years now and its still in its original condition. would love to post pics but un sure how to on this site.

was a datsun 1600 freak so fell in love with the super six when i laid eyes on it

• Like 2