B210 with 510 Suspension bits

HERXii

I have a 78 B210 waiting on a KA swap, to save myself the trouble of hassling with the motor mounts for too long, i was looking to buy a 510 crossmember, and since i didnt want a larger trackwidth, the 510 LCA are preffered as well. So theoretically, aftermarket parts for a 510 should fit my B210 right? Such as these LCA or this Crossmember. and if thats possible why not this swaybar? PS. Do 510s, s13s, 1200s and Early and late b210s have the same strut bolt diameter to run camberplates? And whats different between early b210s, late b210s and 210s? Sorry for such a long thread, rather have most my questions answered in one long thread than multiple little posts.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KA can be easily BARed, I talked to the ref at my school and its simple enough. Different places sell 510 crossmembers that are modified for the KA, and since the 510 crossmember fits the B210, I figured it would be a easy fit. Just trying to keep my options open.

So theoretically, aftermarket parts for a 510 should fit my B210 right? Such as these LCA or this Crossmember. and if thats possible why not this swaybar

Yes, they will work in a B210. 

Do 510s, s13s, 1200s and Early and late b210s have the same strut bolt diameter to run camberplates? 

510 and S13 are the same. None of the others are. 

And whats different between early b210s, late b210s

Differences between early and late B210? Basically one has a cat hump in the floor, one doesn't. Also the '74 has a smaller engine. Bumpers are a little different from early to late. 

and 210s?

'79-83 210 is a completely different car. Almost nothing swaps over. Some engine parts and transmissions. Not much else. 

The KA isn't going to fit the 510 cross member either so why not modify the B-210 one?

He's correct. It is about the same amount of work to modify the 510 crossmember to work with the KA as it is the B210. 

Easiest way? Cut the engine mounts off the 510 crossmember and weld them onto the B210.   ^_^

Thank you datsunfreak, didn't think I'd get much of a reply, but this helped. Aren't early and late b210 suspension different?

I was referring to aftermarket crossmembers that are already made to fit the KA

So what camber plates to get for a B210?

Aren't early and late b210 suspension different?

I've not personally seen anything to make me believe this. And I've worked on at least one from every model year. 

So what camber plates to get for a B210?

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK1-Universal-Fit-Triangle-Camber-Plate-Plates-Strut-Mount-Datsun-280Z-280zx-/380545766700?hash=item589a4b952c&vxp=mtr

Ive seen those universal plates, thought about using the caster/camber, but I caster doesn't do much for a street daily and I don't want to adjust it every week.

T3 has a section called 210 in their website, but idk if that's b210 or just 210.

wouldn't try those?

I wouldn't, but for the price I guess it's worth a shot? I'd spend a little more and get some that fits specifically. 

If the above post is correct, then that means S13 stuff fits too. And there's plenty of S13-specific plates out there for cheaper than Gabe's stuff. But I know his quality is good, so. 

• 2 weeks later...