Hey guys i need some measurements!

scooter

Im looking at getting aftermarket lcas and etc for my car, im looking for some dimensions of 510 and 240 parts to see what i can make work on my s10 200 sx.

Heres some measurements ive come up with, if its close to 510 stuff, awesome!

200sx suspension

Lower arm 11 3/4 inch pivot to center of ball joint.

Tc rod 13 1/4 inches long flange to first bolt.

Sway bar 26 3/4 mount bolt to mount bolt

Sway bar arm 9.5 inches end link to center of mount

Tie rod length 12 inches.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because my car pulls like a frieght train and corners like a haywagon.. haha

No one makes adjustable lca's or tc rods for an s10 200sx so I would like to use 510 stuff if it works. I got a hold of some 280zx struts that I'm going to turn into coil overs.

It has a mid sump oil pan sso I believe a 510 swaybar should fit.

The car is also getting a rear end swap with rear discs and I have a fs571c with an l series bell on it for it.

Scooter,

I would need to take some measurements, but it looks good for the LCA at a minimum.

The Moog P/N's for the ball joint, LCA bushing and TC bushing are the same for '77-'79 200SX & 70-73 510. Arm/rod lengths need checking, which I will try to do tonight. 

As to the front sway bar, no they are different, but I can get bars made for your 200SX (and other Datsuns).

Best way to contact me is Dave@FutoFab.com (I've been busier than a one armed wall paper hanger with the crabs)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I think daves been busy, can someone get a quick measurement from their tc rod mount flange to the first mounting bolt for me from their 510? That would be a good help, im trying to gather everything so i can do the whole front end in one go.

Scooter,

Sorry for the delay. I did measure them and thought I'd replied to you. Then when I realized I hadn't I went to look for the small notebook where I write this stuff down and it went thru the wash, so I had to remeasured the parts.

510 LCA, 11 1/4" center of ball joint hole to center of pivot.

510 TC Rod, 12 1/16" from step on the threaded end to center of first bolt hole.

Sweet, my measurements probibly arent perfect, and for the tc i measured from the flange so i bet theres a good inch before the threads start. Im 99% sure now that the 510 stuff will fit. :)

Youll be seeing an online order from me soon dime dave.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The next few days im going to install a bunch of new stuff on my car, so stand by for oics and etc.

Dime dave makes badass stuff, i bought his lca and tc kit and it is as nice as it gets.. Very happy. For anyone else whos looking at getting them, my initial review so far is a++.

I also bought a mountain of parts off of thisismatt here and that was pure awesome too.

The ol' atomic cockroach is gonna be rollin' hard as fuck soon!

• 1 month later...

Update...

image.jpg1_zpsjmegvxy3.jpg

image.jpg2_zpshztcapbd.jpg

image.jpg4_zpscgxgoota.jpg

image.jpg3_zpspoiczo4p.jpg

Whats not in these oics are the new brake lines, tie rod ends and sway bar end links.

This has made this car drive 10000x better, thanks again to thisismatt and dime dave.

The new bigger brakes are greatly welcomed!!

It still needs a bigger sway bar but ive really noticed the rear of the car doent have the precise feel the front has now.

I think i need to get higher spring rate leaves and get rid of all the rubber bushings in the rear as well. And some good tweakable shocks.

It handles really well, but a bit of work to the back end now and this thing will be a bullet through the twisties.

Okay guys, next thing im looking at is putting a bre style bar on the front of this thing. Is the track width of an s10 200sx the same as a 510? Should a 510 bre bar that hangs below the lca work on this thing?