A10 Kaido racer build

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why stay with an L20....? Great engine, sure. Fun factor, yeah. Power? God, no.

You can find plenty of info I have on this website, but I'll keep it short here.

The KA24E / KA24DE (and both variants; CA, SR) "bolt right in".

Nothin more fun than having that "old rusty car" your friends were making fun of you for, and demolishing them.

Before I wrecked my A10 sedan, I destroyed many cars that thought they were fast. While I'm not claiming that a KA is a super car engine, it's far superior in performance that a L will ever be -- within a normal budget, of course.

Buuuuut...... Your thread title clearly states "A kid and his first datsun". Maybe I shouldn't impose such tom foolery on someone who DOESN'T weld in their weld-in-coilovers.

:poke: 

Well first off it might help if you read my post a little more thoroughly the t3 sleeves are on the front of the car I'm not retarded it. The fender was wrecked before I bought it so you can't say that was my fault. And it was in cut springs we cut 1.5 coil out of it. Land I don't have a good l20b I have a l20b that someone didn't take care of the Pistons have more carbon build up than anything I've ever seen. I'm no expert at all but I know Pistons arent suposed to have an 1/8 inch of of black crud on top of them. The chain tensioner popped out and the crank pulley is cracked. Also I have a very bad 3spd automatic. And well quite frankly I'm doing what I want call me a river call me a stupid stance kid i don't care. The car is gonna get springs in the rear with new shocks. And it's gonna be low enough to scrape frame. Ever heard of frame bang gang?

My comments come from an over abundance of caution (and I should read slower). I wouldn't wish anything bad to happen. BTW split collars will hold 6,000 pounds each and no welding. About $25 a pair.

Carbon on pistons is normal, they all have it. Too many short trips with the choke on and not getting the engine warmed up. Normal driving will clean them up. Again, fix the head gasket, check the choke warms up and opens, the carb isn't flooding (both will cause over richness and excess carbon) keep the oil clean and drive it for a few weeks. Then re evaluate what you have including a compression test. Automatics tend to be babied around town, it just needs to be driven more or harder.

Don't go L16 unless it comes with an automatic. It won't fit yours. 

As it sits right now you could have this running in a day's work. Not even...

So I did read this part right. No rear springs and welded shocks. Get this fixed.

Still didn't read it right.......

He said they are the weld in type -- that aren't welded in, but sitting on stock perches.

thafuq?!  :confused:

Ok lol so my front suspension isn't on the coil over sleeves anymore. We took the sleeves out and put it on just the springs so basically we installed them like you would install lowering springs. Then the rear has no springs and welded shocks. And the motor I was told that carbon on the Pistons were horrible and that it was gonna hurt the head more. If anyone knows of a new crank pulley they will sell me that would be great. Thanks for the detailed info on how to fix my problem.

And datzenmike I can assure this car has been the opposite of babied atleast since I owned it, we topped it out at 106 on the highway, it's been sideways across many random turns and in parking lots, the motor has been revved so hard so many times, many one wheeler peelers, a lot of "touge" driving on curvy roads it's amazing it didn't die earlier

Any questions or advice please post them, I'm down for learning.

Oh and if your gonna say it's too low forget it as I'm gonna have it as low as possible. But it will get springs for the rear

It's an open chamber head and no carbon on dished pistons is going to hurt it. Easy fix... the carb is either flooding or the choke is on all the time. Fix the cause and drive it and the carbon will flake off.

As long as you have water and oil in the engine you are not going to hurt an L series, even less in a automatic.

I like low, and both my 710s are low(er) but not at the risk of hurting them or ruining their handling. There is a point where going lower just for looks begins to affect their function. The mad camber craze is an example of form above function. Looks above usefulness. (and safety)

• Like 1

.. Shark nose it the hell out of it, this car has a tremendous potential look .. but remember safety comes 1st before looks. I learned the hard way. I was young once and we all know at young age we don't listen very well.. but as old mature I do now.. kind of backwards.. lol

• carrcrazy changed the title to A10 Kaido racer build