Introduction - Greggearhead

Hello,

I have posted a few little things for sale over recently, but have lurked for a long time, mostly watching some 520 and 720 builds.  Looking to build one of those or a 510 or 710 wagon someday soon.  Most of my car history has been German, and VW & Porsche and Audi and BMW.  Some Toyotas and other stuff thrown in, but that's the crux of it.  Helped buddies with fuel injection installs, motor swaps, etc.  

I fell into buying and selling on the side to 'finance' my projects and now often help others that aren't as web savvy to sell some of their stuff (usually older local guys).

Most of my car projects have been water-cooled and lowered for canyon-racer or autocross duty.  Here's pics of some of them.  

Last one I just sold - 1988 VW Fox 2dr Wagon - 5 speed swap, lightened flywheel, short shift (built by me), custom exhaust (built by me) and downpipe (bbm), Recaros, cam, valve springs, lifters, intake, throttle body, bigger brakes, Corrado springs, Audi struts, etc etc.  

101_4229_zps35f38f0b.jpg

Another - 1979 Audi Fox Wagon, automatic.  Swapped to manual, which turned out to by much more complicated - had to fab pedals, tunnel work, mounts, etc.  Plus intake, exhaust, custom Recaro mounts, etc etc etc.  

100_1767_zpsc8c75789.jpg

Some more:  

100_4056_zpsef79d8be.jpg

autox.jpg

2.0 16V Rabbit Truck - daily driver for years.  Miss it.  

100_3870.jpg

DSC006792.jpg

100_47242.jpg

DSC00215%202_zpsuqawbyae.jpg

DSC00143%202_zpsqorkfiyf.jpg

2f69_zpsgpci3991.jpg

4964637_zps2lswgbd2.jpg

101_3171_zpshox0tovq.jpg

centercaps016_zps3hvswxuk.jpg

DSC00300_zpsnomjxlao.jpg

Scirocco%20front%20full%20qtr_zpssk2daj6

101_0883_zpsrbhuzeue.jpg

101_1663_zpsmsozrna6.jpg

101_1810_zps3d3xftyw.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome!  you will find one and im sure you will do great things with it!!  i think you should go the 520 route but im biased, as i think 720 are shit ugly, and own a 520 lol

edit:or get a goon,  goons rock too!  i also have a 510 goon.

i used to have a 86' 4k quat. 4d 

loved it..

Late 80s, early 90s.  Single sided swingarm, chassis code of RC31.  If you know old Superbike racing, the Honda V-4 750 race bike was the RC30 and frame and swingarm looked very similar.  Weren't the same, but obviously developed at the same time by the same people.  Chassis was great base but engine was always underpowered.  

On mine, I installed a VFR750 rear brake and spindle and wider rear wheel, CBR600 F2 front wheel, with dual 316mm Hawk rotors (normally ran one of those on the Hawk wheel) R1 calipers, Progressive rear shock, cartridge emulators in front forks, ported heads machined for more compression, big valves, cams, opened intake, race exhaust custom modified, etc etc etc.  Was a great bike.  

Here's a picture of one of the heads - twin plug, 3 valve, semi-hemi.  Great little 650cc engines, but the crankshafts were the weak link once you made over a certain amount of power, they would flex/fatigue and break.  Mine wasn't in danger of that, but the racers often did.

head1email_zpsnznxev1b.jpg

I am selling one, yes, but it isn't technically mine.  A friend I am helping to sell some of his stuff, because he isn't as internet friendly.  It's a cool little car, and I'd love to have it, but I need a lot more utility out of my vehicles now, and I also need to get rid of 3 right now and get 2 running before I can get another one.  Or I will be divorced, I'm sure.  

• Like 1