Mr Big Tanker's watermelon wagon.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should see the headlight wiring harness I made for my engine bay. It's totally independent from the factory stuff, except for three wires; two signals, and a ground for the high beam light. New, lower gauge wire, dual fused relays with seperate low/high circuit, powered directly from the battery. No more flickering from overloading the factory switch. Sealed beams are actually pretty damn bright when they have good power. I also re-routed the wires going to the alt/starter, so there are no wires running across that open area (I did this because I was able to). It's a semi-tuck. You still have some loom showing (I don't like the zero wire look), but it's clean. Maybe you'll see it in my car if it ever gets done. I think you'd like it.

(Not sure if I mentioned this)

• Like 2

You should see the headlight wiring harness I made for my engine bay. It's totally independent from the factory stuff, except for three wires; two signals, and a ground for the high beam light. New, lower gauge wire, dual fused relays with seperate low/high circuit, powered directly from the battery. No more flickering from overloading the factory switch. Sealed beams are actually pretty damn bright when they have good power. I also re-routed the wires going to the alt/starter, so there are no wires running across that open area (I did this because I was able to). It's a semi-tuck. You still have some loom showing (I don't like the zero wire look), but it's clean. Maybe you'll see it in my car if it ever gets done. I think you'd like it.

(Not sure if I mentioned this)

why don't you send me some pics. Maybe you can make some money with me. I don't want to do the wiring, I hate wiring.

• Like 1

IMG_3722_zpsjgxft6ca.jpg

Ok if you look close all the little stuff are done. only things left to do are:

1 finish fuel system

2 cut and weld the JustJoel battery box.

3 add fluids

4 wiring [i am not doing that]

5 Mount shifter when i get one

6 and just finish the bottom return radiator hose fitting [Thanks to Datrod again for that]

And thats about it.

• Like 5

IMG_3717_zpsrz9ocg1x.jpgIMG_3716_zpslze5fqkx.jpg

Dartrod making me some spacers. he is the man the myth the legend. Working the 40 year old machine made in the old Chec republic. bad ass machine. And thank you again Datrod.

I cut my teeth in machining with a tos varsdorf hbm, they may be crude heaps of cast iron forged in czechoslovokia but they work for ever and take a beating.

• Like 2