Mr Big Tanker's watermelon wagon.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I also used Exterior type blue tape.  That shit is sticky, and I would not use it to mask off any freshly painted pieces with it.  

32624261787_f73329d62e_k.jpg

If you ever have to clean most any adhesive from tape and such use a chemical you can get at any paint store and even Wall Mart called Naptha. It's the same thing as the lighter fluid you put in Zippo lighters. I use it all the time dealing with guitar paint jobs. It does not hurt the paint at all. Sticky stuff from old stickers no problem. It does a great job.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 3
42 minutes ago, edekalil said:

If you ever have to clean most any adhesive from tape and such use a chemical you can get at any paint store and even Wall Mart called Naptha. It's the same thing as the lighter fluid you put in Zippo lighters. I use it all the time dealing with guitar paint jobs. It does not hurt the paint at all. Sticky stuff from old stickers no problem. It does a great job.

I don't know if you ever caught me saying this anywhere, but I worked for a number of years at the Fender Custom Shop.  :)  I'm very familiar with the stuff.  Works great on lacquer finishes, also. 

I still occasionally moonlight painting guitars for a local company here in So Cal, as well..

🎸🎸 

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, Duncan said:

I don't know if you ever caught me saying this anywhere, but I worked for a number of years at the Fender Custom Shop.  🙂 I'm very familiar with the stuff.  Works great on lacquer finishes, also. 

I still occasionally moonlight painting guitars for a local company here in So Cal, as well..

🎸🎸 

Glad to know a fellow Luthier, I'm painting a Mexican 62 style strat right now. Took off a lot of bulk and gave it a more 62 feel. Yes it's a life saver when wet sanding a guitar body. An old guitar builder turned me on to NOT using water when wet sanding on a guitar because the water will swell the wood causing crack's in the finish where there are screw holes and the Naptha does not, my guess is it is not drawn into the wood as much and it is constantly evaporating. Best tip I ever got in that use of it. Here is a couple of pics of the body.

IMG-20190610-085040.jpg

IMG-20190611-090835.jpg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Dude....Always the bling, damn!! That poolhall....I mean room.....no...sorry, garage is awesome!! I definitely need an old gas pump.  Unfortunately, I'm always spending my money on parts or other Datsun's!! 

One day...….It will be mine, one day!!!!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

48227234257_da3f13be47_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

48227234277_1b59868f2c_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

48227234387_a3067f284b_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

In with he new.Doing some small stuff so will be a bit.

What no Snap On pressure washer Mr Big Baller.....

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...