Mr Big Tanker's watermelon wagon.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

Just got another set of wagon window trims.Rear windows and cargo windows for now, but I believe the front doors are all the same. give it time.

Thanks for looking out for me Tanker when you get the rest just send it to me in McComb MS. 

13 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

As far as I know those where only on the 411 wagons. Bu tI could be wrong. You need the cargo window bars that's another rare piece.

As far as I know, this was only on the 510 wagons in Australia and (I think) South Africa.

wgnbdge.jpg

I found a NOS one quite a few years ago on ebay from a Saudi seller.  I did a Hail Mary and sent $100 for it, and was kinda surprised when it showed up a few weeks later..

I have the mounting holes on my rear hatch for it, but I've been reluctant to install it..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Duncan said:

As far as I know, this was only on the 510 wagons in Australia and (I think) South Africa.

wgnbdge.jpg

I found a NOS one quite a few years ago on ebay from a Saudi seller.  I did a Hail Mary and sent $100 for it, and was kinda surprised when it showed up a few weeks later..

I have the mounting holes on my rear hatch for it, but I've been reluctant to install it..

I was thinking of the other one that is just a script and no back round.  I will find one.

This got me curious.....

So from what I can tell from the catalog...

The upper RH Datsun emblem on the gate should be part # 63806-23700 06/68 and on. It is the same part # for the fender emblems and calls for a quantity of 3

The "Wagon" emblem on the gate should be part # 96902-22500.

The "510" emblem is the same as sedan with part # 79821-A2600 or 79821-21300.

This is all as near as I can figure as the illustration in the catalog is for shit. More likely than not, these part #'s (or parts) are about as common as hens teeth.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Duncan said:

I can't recall if the holes were there on my gate or not for the upper logo.  The fender logo on the Aussie wagon is large and kinda busy.  I like it on the fender (it's unique) but think it would kinda fugly on the back...

fenlogo.jpg

Cant wait for to just finish it already. Time for a new project while you enjoy this one.

25 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Cant wait for to just finish it already. Time for a new project while you enjoy this one.

You and me both, Bro.  The gas tank thing has been a LOT of work, but I hope to get that wrapped up this week.  My upholstery guy is always busy. and I need to see what his wait time is to get it in for the carpet, and some other minor upholstery wrap up items..

I need a truck, but I'm always looking for something cool to come along.  I don't want another huge project that's going to be 4-5 years before I can drive it.  Getting too old, and don't want to bust my ass so much anymore...    

• Like 1
On 12/25/2018 at 3:59 PM, Duncan said:

You and me both, Bro.  The gas tank thing has been a LOT of work, but I hope to get that wrapped up this week.  My upholstery guy is always busy. and I need to see what his wait time is to get it in for the carpet, and some other minor upholstery wrap up items..

I need a truck, but I'm always looking for something cool to come along.  I don't want another huge project that's going to be 4-5 years before I can drive it.  Getting too old, and don't want to bust my ass so much anymore...    

Yes it’s time for you to enjoy

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Draker said:

You just need to swap out the rear door window center support to the stainless trim. 68/69 wagons should have it I think?

I was thinking the same thing.  Either change it or repaint it.  Those dividers are a pain in the ass to remove and re-install, especially without scratching the paint.