Ant-dat

Ant-Dat's 71 N510

Great job on the build.  You have really nice work and the engine is peeeeerty.  Keep up the great work!!

On 3/27/2020 at 5:15 PM, Wutang_415 said:

Looks fantastic! 
Where are you in Scotland? My sister moved to Edinburgh so I've been up there a bunch!

I'm about 45mins from Edinburgh 😉

With Lock down it gave some time to crack on with the 510. Now stuck waiting on parts coming but here are the pictures for now

510BW106.JPG
510BW107.JPG
510BW108.JPG
510BW109.JPG
510BW110.JPG
510BW111.JPG
510BW112.JPG
510BW113.JPG
510BW114.JPG
510BW115.JPG
510BW116.JPG
510BW117.JPG
510BW118.JPG
510BW119.JPG
510BW120.JPG
510BW121.JPG
510BW122.JPG
510BW123.JPG
510BW124.JPG
510BW125.JPG
510BW126.JPG
510BW127.JPG
510BW128.JPG
510BW129.JPG
510BW130.JPG
510BW131.JPG
510BW132.JPG
510BW133.JPG

Edited by Ant-dat
  • Like 2

Do have an issue of the rear wheels hitting the arch, but i need to wait until the new springs arrive before i do anything. Anyone else had this issue with these rims?

you get the new upgrade bushing for the trailing arms?

I have a vibration isse with my 510 since i had it going up hill under load it vibrates and I just cant figure it out. Its the traikling arms bushing or maybe the Mustache bar bushings.

ANYBODY?????????????have a idea????

Make sure those brake lines are good!!!!!

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

Z car 'snowflakes'? One of my favorite rims, the 720 truck has an identical alloy rim but 6 bolt. Seen these rims on 510s but don't remember there being a problem. How large a tire are you using? You might voice your concerns over at ... http://www.the510realm.com/  ... someone

Will the car be lowered much? The rears tend toward negative camber when lowered, wider rubber clears the fender arches but car looks terrible and probably handles worse. The rear cross member can be slotted to raise the mounting points on the control arms. How large a tire are you using?

14 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

you get the new upgrade bushing for the trailing arms?

I have a vibration isse with my 510 since i had it going up hill under load it vibrates and I just cant figure it out. Its the traikling arms bushing or maybe the Mustache bar bushings.

ANYBODY?????????????have a idea????

Under load? likely one of the U joints.

15 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Make sure those brake lines are good!!!!!

The voice of experience.

Maybe the primary drive shaft to the rear.

Replaced all the bushes and have camber and toe adjustment.

Tyres are 185/60, Once i get the new king springs (30mm lowered and uprated)  fitted i suspect it may just be adjustment needing done or hope 🙂 lol

I have yet to find new flexi pipes but my local place is closed due to COVID-19. 

I still need to finish making the metal pipes but i have a little concern on the rear cylinder. I can see it slides so does the metal pipe slide with it?

Tried swapping wheels round incase it's a weak tyre?

Edited by Ant-dat

^^ on the wheels, they have a low offset, like a +10mm, With your camber and toe adjusted to the proper settings, they will rub.  Those would generally “fit” when the car is lowered without adjusting camber, by the nature of the stock suspension.  Although I never tried a 175/60/14 tire or 185/55 tire in the back, to see if it rubs with a proper alignment.  If the offset was closer to a +15mm, they maybe could fit. Maybe... there are others on here who have tried more combos than myself.

Be honest that is a nice color car

always love that 510 color

think  a 15 inch rim would look better

Rota OS Mesh is a cheap nice looking wheel,cheap

ne honest the stock hubcaps look good also

the 1969 ones then you don’t have to worry about figment.

7 hours ago, rusty12ver said:

^^ on the wheels, they have a low offset, like a +10mm, With your camber and toe adjusted to the proper settings, they will rub.  Those would generally “fit” when the car is lowered without adjusting camber, by the nature of the stock suspension.  Although I never tried a 175/60/14 tire or 185/55 tire in the back, to see if it rubs with a proper alignment.  If the offset was closer to a +15mm, they maybe could fit. Maybe... there are others on here who have tried more combos than myself.

Thanks, I thought this maybe the case. It's not catching by much at the moment so i maybe able to trim back the lip to gain clearance. but best wait till i have teh springs and fitted to see as it may site a bit higher and reduce the issue even more.

5 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Be honest that is a nice color car

always love that 510 color

think  a 15 inch rim would look better

Rota OS Mesh is a cheap nice looking wheel,cheap

ne honest the stock hubcaps look good also

the 1969 ones then you don’t have to worry about figment.

I was going to change the colour to datsun orange but decided to keep original.

I was going to go daft with modifying(sr20, coil overs etc)  but as UK registered 510's are very rare in the UK (probably a handful left) I'm trying to keep the car original with period modification or close too. 

nice build! one of the perks of lockdown plenty of time to get to the back burner projects

How did I miss this?!  Great project!  Nice work!

--carter

On 5/15/2020 at 12:33 PM, Ant-dat said:

Replaced all the bushes and have camber and toe adjustment.

Tyres are 185/60, Once i get the new king springs (30mm lowered and uprated)  fitted i suspect it may just be adjustment needing done or hope 🙂 lol

I have yet to find new flexi pipes but my local place is closed due to COVID-19. 

I still need to finish making the metal pipes but i have a little concern on the rear cylinder. I can see it slides so does the metal pipe slide with it?

Tried swapping wheels round incase it's a weak tyre?

Here are 195/60-14 tires on my '72 wagon with no rubbing. Have 2" lowering blocks on the back too. The track width might be different on a wagon - not sure of the specs.

48993659302_491cabce71_o.jpg

49688445421_666bc2c345_o.jpg