Gumby - Dragon Green 521

HOGIE

One advantage of the five speed being a slip yoke transmission is the measurement of the front half of the drive line does not need to be exact.  By the way, I could still remove the five speed from under the truck, leaving the engine in, to work on the clutch, but you have to remember to drain the transmission first.

• Like 2
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One advantage of the five speed being a slip yoke transmission is the measurement of the front half of the drive line does not need to be exact.  By the way, I could still remove the five speed from under the truck, leaving the engine in, to work on the clutch, but you have to remember to drain the transmission first.

Or rusty floors. But that is yet to be determined. PO put a carpet mat done with some sort of adhesive and it's in there pretty good

• Like 1

The best part of "mystery carpet adhesive" is figuring out the solvent to remove it, and then getting the personal protection equipment to protect yourself from the solvent.

Using adhesive remover with PPE, that takes all the fun out of it. JK I've used that type of stuff plenty of times and have a vapor respirator and know to maintain ventilation. Thanks

Hogie however you mod your transmission mount be sure to use all four bolts to connect it to the cross member.

Check
  • Like 1

So I think this is the FS5W71B trans I measured it and it was right around 30". You tell me

First two pics are my trans

image_zpsgcjnzykg.jpg

image_zpsnsfyj27v.jpg

The second two pics are from a Mike post showing the FS5W71B

In this shot the front and back look very different in the rear section. Mine looks like the back trans.

image_zpsmvreq99g.jpg

I think mine looks just like this one

image_zps5gpsfmpl.jpg

• Like 1

Hogie, check for model # here.  Some trans have it stamped there

Thanks Charlie. I looked all over the rear case and sides of the front case but overlooked the top of the bell

This was much faster than the tells what this is game I was expecting

• Like 1

Found these

Doesn't say anything about serial numbers but based on the info that breaks down the abbreviations I have a:

F - floor shift

S- special overdrive (5th gear)

5- 5spd

?- dunno

#- dunno

B- from pictures

So it's likely the standard FS5W71B

Mobile version will need a magnifying glass

image_zps3asns0h8.jpg

image_zpscmzyidh3.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I have these three wheel ( really 4, two with oval slot). They are all slightly different. For instance two with the oval slot, one has larger flat-ish hub cap pegs and they all have different curvature. Can anyone ID?

image_zpspa2evsdo.jpg

image_zpsjbavzstw.jpg

image_zpsub63oipw.jpg

Also just another photobucket bitch. Only want to grab 3 link addresses and had to close the browser like 8 times because it kept changing to a bs Facebook add/' random winner' page

Uuhg!

• Like 2

Nice truck man, hopefully I can come see It

Thanks man. I want to see it too. It's been parked at a friends house for a while now but a plan to move it back so I can put all the prices together is in the works

You still around Eugene/Springfield?

• Like 1