sentra fwd trany on an a-series block

johnzracer

Hey fellas, does anybody know if the FWD trany from a 82-86 Sentra will bolt to an A-series block?

I need to replace the trany in my 310 and they are unobtainium. I heard that the bolt pattern was almost the same, with a few extra holes.

any info is appreciated.

we wanna race this little car in the local chump car races and could use a good spare.

Thanks,

Mongo

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to use a Sentra trans go for the '91 on up from the Sentra ga16de or the nx1600. The nx one has 4.47:1 final drive. You could slot the hole on the bell to make it work. Use the Sentra clutch, the 310 used a 190mm clutch disc, like the Sentra, and the spline count of the ga trans is 18t. not sure which flywheel though. It depends where the ring gear sits. Starter will sit over the trans, so may have to see where it ends up, for clearence. Trans may need a brace from the bottom part of the bell to the engine. Never done it, don't know about axles or mounts etc, I just threw away a Sentra trans, would have given it to you. The E has a 4 speed, the xe/gxe 5 speed. If you go for it good luck and take pics!

NJOZ, a 310 came out as a fwd hatch a series powered here. I assume that is he one he is talking about.