any leads on a 410?

CEL3

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw an RL parting out for $400. Looks mostly there: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5924974105.html

I emailed this guy.. says the floors are rusted out and the engine was left exposed without a hood and valve cover for 20+ years, says it's rusted solid. I would still love to buy this, if I could figure out logistics. 

The first response to a "rusted out" engine is to walk away. If you are used to pain, buy or steal a large cannister with a lid. Pop the engine with or without the oil pan and valve cover into the can, Fill with Diesel oil and forget that you have just done this. About a year or so later, uncover the can and hoist the engine block out, watch your expensive yuppie shoes! Clean the garage floor of the yuck! You will be surprised at the ease with which the throwowaway engine now will turn over when manually turned at the front pulley! Now to get serious! Mike the cylinders to see if they are evenly worn or if you need an uniform oversize rebore. Are the pistons and rings available? If not you have just wasted a full year! All the world's expertise on the engine will not fix the rusted out body or floor panels!

The first response to a "rusted out" engine is to walk away. If you are used to pain, buy or steal a large cannister with a lid. Pop the engine with or without the oil pan and valve cover into the can, Fill with Diesel oil and forget that you have just done this. About a year or so later, uncover the can and hoist the engine block out, watch your expensive yuppie shoes! Clean the garage floor of the yuck! You will be surprised at the ease with which the throwowaway engine now will turn over when manually turned at the front pulley! Now to get serious! Mike the cylinders to see if they are evenly worn or if you need an uniform oversize rebore. Are the pistons and rings available? If not you have just wasted a full year! All the world's expertise on the engine will not fix the rusted out body or floor panels!

Very wise. 

I have one question .Who is looking for a 411 ? I'm asking cause so many people have jumped in the topic I lost track. My 411 wagon is going up for sale tomorrow . It's going to be a quick sale need to move it and don't have a place to put it. It has a Buick 3.8 V6 ,2 speed power glide trans,and a narrowed Ford 8" rear end, and a WHOOPING 20 GALLON Gas tank.  Just giving a spoiler alert for the classifieds tomorrow. $2,500. I will have pictures for Ya'll tomorrow. I want it to have a good home and there's no better place for it than with a Ratsun member.