Datsun fuel line size

Hey, on your Datsun which is larger diameter.... the fuel line from the tank, or the return line to the tank?????

Only '75 and up L20B engines had the return line. Not sure abour A series. Include EFI engines as well with rear pumps.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell wayno. :lol: ... Well he says the 720 is larger into carb and smaller return. Now this may be because the pump is in the back pushing forward but all the L series I have seen the return is always larger. Maybe this is specific to the 720???

620? 720?

which is it.. :poke:

Well it started out as a general statement that the return line is smaller which I disagree with. Wayno is sure that his 720s are this way... and maybe they are, and maybe all 720 are. I'm just sure that the return line is usually larger at least on all the Datsuns I have seen. Perhaps the 720 is different because the pump is in the rear and L series are on the engine.

I have been doing these 720 conversions for a while now, and I don't pipe my fuel lines goofy, they are in stock configuration.

Here is a stock 720 kingcab tank, the huge hole is the fill tube, the big fitting high and to the right is the vent for the fill tube, the fitting to the right low is the pickup tube, I can look in the fill hole and see the pickup tube, the 2 fittings to the left on top of the tank are the return line and the vent that goes all the way to the engine compartment on the driverside, in this photo, you can see that the pickup tube is obviously larger than both the tubes on the top of the tank, on the 720, the feed line is larger than the return line.

DSCN4135.JPG

• 6 years later...

DSCN4135.JPG

This is not a filter. It's a check valve to prevent gas draining back out in the event of a roll over. If you don't drive like an idiot drifter your probably safe enough to just eliminate it if you can't find a replacement.