comparing new clutch to old clutch

lynchfourtwenty

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a huge pain in the ass to get the tranny out with that fucking header i have.. son of a bitch is totaly in the way... HEY whats the trick to gettin the fly wheel off without the engine turning?? it needs resurfaced like a mofo

Pull a sparkplug and feed about 10 feet of 1/4" nylon rope into the cylinder. When the piston comes up to TDC it will lock up on the SOFT rope and enable you to break loose the flywheel bolts. When you are done back the engine up a bit and extract the rope.

Pull a sparkplug and feed about 10 feet of 1/4" nylon rope into the cylinder. When the piston comes up to TDC it will lock up on the SOFT rope and enable you to break loose the flywheel bolts. When you are done back the engine up a bit and extract the rope.

i have heard about that trick as well. but it was for something else. oh yeah crank pulley. good idea all in all though. keeps everything frome getting screwed up.

2eDeYe;83194']Soap. Search 'hydraulic method' for a bit more info if what's below doesn't make sense.

Smash some bar soap in the hole. Use your clutch alignment tool in the hole and hit it with a rubber mallet to smash the soap in some more. Pack more soap in there' date=' hit the alignment tool and hammer. Eventually the soap will push out the bushing. Scrape out the soap install your new bushing.[/quote']

grease works too, hell in a pinch i've used gojo