620 and 720 rear brakes

240ADAM

Does anyone know if the rear drum brakes on a 620 and 720 are the same, as in the springs, shoes, drums and all the other crap in there? I know my 620 brakes need some work and there are bunches of 720's at pull a part. Im on strike so I cant just to go buy new stuff.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Strike? Me too! My wallets a bit thin these days as well. I dont know what area you call home, but the Parkland P-A-P had a few 620's last time I was there (earlier this month). I think my brake hardware kit for the fronts was in the $10 neighborhood from the local Schmuck's. I dont know for sure about interchangeability, but my guess would be probably not. Good luck dude.

Everything will be the same but in May '82 self adjusters were added to the 720. For this the axles were lengthened 1/2" so maybe other stuff would be different in there too. Front disc brakes on the 720 were the same as the 620 through '83.5 when vented rotors and a much larger caliper was introduced.