• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice job !

How did you go about cleaning out the gas tank and lines. Reason I ask I just got my dads 1977 - 620 running after setting over 20 years. I had some trouble at first with dirty gas (Changed gas filter)  but seems to runs fine right now but I think it could be a time bomb when I actually get it on the road.

Great to see yours back on the road ! 

Nice job !

How did you go about cleaning out the gas tank and lines. Reason I ask I just got my dads 1977 - 620 running after setting over 20 years. I had some trouble at first with dirty gas (Changed gas filter)  but seems to runs fine right now but I think it could be a time bomb when I actually get it on the road.

Great to see yours back on the road

I used electrolysis to clean tank. it wasnt as hard as i thought and it cleaned better than muratic acid. https://youtu.be/SyG0mu2T4u0

So i got everything taken apart replaced the rear seal it was pouring to say the least. I found that the input shaft and output seal in trans are also leaking replaced them with seals i picked up from autozone. the oil pan is wet not sure if it's from rear main or just leaking so while it is easy accessed im going to replace it also. got a new clutch kit from carparts.com  for about $97 shipped mine was pretty worn

• 2 weeks later...