New fuel pump help.

Hello! I just write to ask you guys a question. I have a Datsun 160J with an L16 engine. I have to change the fuel pump because after 2 or 3 days without starting the engine the fuel filter and fuel line became empty. I just read here that L16, L18, and L20b fuel pumps are all interchangeable. Mine it's an Atsugi L18w. Here in my country there isn't any replacement, so i have to buy it online. 

What it is better?

Kyosan Denki, Part number: 17010-U6027

Airetx, Part number: 1096

Nikki, but i don´t know the part number?

I don´t find any Atsugi fuel pump.

Can you help me about what it is better and it´s part number?

Thnaks a lot!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the fuel line clamps on the tank side of the pump and the ones on the fuel filter. If they are not sealing, air can get in and the displaced gas will siphon back downhill into the tank.

All L series mechanical pumps are basically the same with some having slightly different inlet/outlet locations. Possible larger volume but all regulated to 2.8- 3.4 PSI.

Have you considered an electric pump? It will prime your carb as soon as you turn the key on.

Yes i cheked the line clamps and also change the hose but i think the problem is in the pump... 

I was thinking about an electric pump... but it is better? I would prefer to put a mechanical pump because this is the stock pump, and it was working well until now, and the car has more than 600K kilometers. I also have a weber 32/36... is the electric pump better for this carb? 

• 1 year later...