I don't work on your car

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always have to cut and weld the exhaust pipe back together. Fuck more than one flange, they leak.  ;)  I really don't have any problem working on friends and family's car.  My parents buy good stuff.  Subarus or Nissans, they're way easy to fix.  Actually, almost all of my friends drive vehicles that are pretty easy to work on.  Perhaps it's because you can pick your friends, and if they listen to you, they don't buy shit cars.  Lol.  Either way, if I don't want to work on it, I don't.  I have gotten suckered into girlfriends' piles of shits on occasion.

Too easy. Where's your cup?

She was 5' 0" Asian/Italian and had epic tits.  Unfortunately, didn't really have her shit together.  Fun for a while.  I tried to hook back up with her 6 months ago or something and it had gotten worse.  Ended up getting pregnant from her boyfriend then (supposed to be her lover/soulmate) and then ended up homeless at 6 months preggo.  Last she told me she was living in a shelter/halfway house and the kid was supposed to come soon.  As sad as it was, as you might imagine, I deleted the number out of my phone and ran the fuck away from that.  God she was a great lay though.  I mean, just epic sex and epic tits.  Crazy usually is.

• Like 3

you work on other peoples cars....discuss

I get paid to work on people's cars. And I like working getting paid.  

I'll give ideas and advice to those willing to do something on their own. 

Rarely will I ever except side work. 

Last summer I got approached by the sales rep for the biggest independent parts supplier around here.

He said he has a race car sponsored by his store that needs a head gasket replaced. 1990 Nissan 240SX, KA24E. 

I hemmed and hawed about it-then reluctantly agreed. I expressed why I don't like doing so. Liability/getting burned/time away from my family.

I also told him I won't do it for money but for parts for my 210. I figured parts trade will go way further than cash. Deal made.

I started in on the job. Others who have been in here fucked up a lot of shit/mismatched random bolts all over/broken parts on car.

Tear-down continued with a list of things needed before assy. happened. This guy complied with everything needed.

I was doing all of this in July after work. Around here, early evening is the hottest part of out days.

All of this was being done in the gravel driveway of car's owner. Sun staring down till sunset.

If I took a day off, rep and car owner would text me all the next day to get me over there to do work.

Finally finished job with all extra things need to finish. Done.

My list was pretty easy. Matchbox dizzy, cap, rotor, wires, 1-step colder NGK plugs, full gasket kit for an L18, KA oil pump, clutchless cast water pump. Easy stuff. A deal, really.

To this day...I have received a FelPro head gasket kit and 1-step hotter NGK plugs. That's it.

Dude will not reply to my texts. If he stops at our store he parks out front and walks through the sales department so I won't see him anymore. Dodgin' me.

AND, I just found out he just put in his 2 weeks at his store. WTFucking hell!?!

So, I am back to my stance. I do not do side work. Done. I got burned by someone I fully trusted and was/is capable of paying for my services.

This incident is every fucking reason why I say no.  

• Like 3

Sounds like it's time to slap a bitch, that's stealing in my book.

Funny bit-I texted the car owner a few days ago. Older lady. Really cool. 

I asked her to help and nudge the guy a bit if she could. She said she would try. 

Later that evening he texts back all mad/sad. BS type story-can't get the parts-hard to come by. Blah, blah, blah. 

Um, if I was a cash-paying customer I bet I'd have my parts by now.