Charlie69's 86 720 King Cab DD

Charlie69

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scored a 83 right front fender for $40 and A pair of ST brown buckets for $60.  The fender will replace the one damaged a while ago from a hit and run accident.  The brown seats are marked for my 520.

Pictures after I get back from the Multi-State Datsun meet in Williams AZ.

Not sure bought for parts but I will look it over closer when I get it home.  It has no title.  If it looks better than I think I will run a title search and see if it is possible to get a title.

I paid $200 for it so if only parts I am ok with that.  Mainly bought it for the wheels, 4 stock ST wheels, centers, and lugs nuts.  It shows 278,000 miles on the odometer.

Being an ST it has tac, clock, oil and volt meters, the plush seats, intermittent wipers, ST steering wheel, and dome/cargo light timer. It has the switch and wiring for the rear window defrost but someone put in a sliding back window.

No power windows or locks.

• Like 1

If you part it out. I would be interested in buying that ST wheel and adapter from you. Or I have a b210 steering wheel I would be willing to trade as well. PM me if you're interested at all, I can send you pics of the wheel.

• Like 1

Clocks do not work on these so I am returning them for yard credit.

Did you try messing with them a little? They coax back to life, sometimes. Not a lot to go south in a quartz movement, so it is likely a connection. Just sayin’...

• Like 1

I spent several hours trying to get them to work.  clean them and lubed them all to no avail.

The 85 has front end damage.  Fenders, bumper, valance missing.  All easy to source.  Also missing tail lights and front marker lights.  The Nissan tailgate insert is missing also.

When I get it home I will clean the fuel line and clean the tank, put a Weber on it and see how it runs and drives.  Then I will make the decision to title it or part it.  I am hoping it is good enough to title.

Got a little done on the 85 720 ST with Gene's help but got rained out.  Had no power to the fuse box so started checking out the battery terminals are real dirty, so cleaned those.  Still no power to the fuse block.  took the fuse-able link apart from the battery terminal screw, cleaned the copper piece that the screw goes though and installed a new terminal bolt. now have power to the fuse box.  Removed a hack installed Cal Custom cruise control.  Every connection was made with scotch locks.  The worst way to make a connection.

Sprayed some starting fluid in the carb and it fired and ran for a few seconds.

Found that the fuel pump was bad.  I think I have a good used one, if not I will order a new Facet Fuel Pump.  I will replace all the old rubber fuel lines and while I have them of the steel lines I will spray carb cleaner in them and let it set for a few minutes, then I will rubber band a couple paper towels over one end of the steel lines and the using a compressor I will blow through the lines.  The paper towels will catch any thing that comes out of the lines.

Started pulling the gas tank and the rain started and got rained out.

Also Gene pointed out that the spare tire under the truck was also an ST wheel. 

Pictures to come later.

If it hadn't started raining we probably could have worked on it some more. Then on his way home Charlie blew a tire cuz it rained and started hailing and he ran over something in the road, luckily he was able to limp it to dat620's place which was about a 1/4 mile from where tire went flat and had him help with changing tire.

• Like 1