Charlie69's 86 720 King Cab DD

Charlie69

Kick panels

As for pure HiFi listening are great because of the path lengths distance from your ears.Your driving , the left door speaker is much closer=louder,

Now take you hands and put the left close to your ear and right hand driver side-ish.Strech the all the way out.The difference  from left to right is now much smaller---almost like your in the center.

Okay if you can give a bleep bleep about that.Kicks are great if all you need is basic sound.

Usually the back is for woofers.Full range speakers nice like boxed up 6/9s would be ok.

Yocom

• Like 1
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Picked up a 1995 Pathfinder 2wd VG30 with an automatic transmission yesterday for free.  Trans has no reverse. 130.000 original miles engine runs good. 

Redeye did you do engine swap brackets for VG30 automatic into a 720 2wheel drive?

Any suggestions on wiring and brain.  Pathfinder was already gone when I got the engine.

You are correct bottomwatcher but the money I would have spent buying it is still in my pocket and will be used to get the wiring and ECM and the trans control box.  There is a 95 in the bone yard I frequent at this time.  So it is time to go electrical shopping.

• Like 1

Ha ha! That is my wife's response to the boat, vehicle or next home improvement I propose. They dont stay free for long!  More importantly true. Women see the next project as competition for time funds whatever so choose wisely if married or things can get very expensive! . Cheaper to keep them is not far off. If single go nuts and enjoy the freedom!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

Seems high to me, and another $125.00 to ship it, I would just keep checking out the wrecking yards till you find one with AC, that assembly can be had here for less than a $100.00 if it can be found, I ripped one out of a diesel 720 several years ago, and I believe have one in my 1980 Datsun 720 diesel right now, but I don't have anything to replace it now if I take it out, I just disconnected the fittings at the firewall and called it good as I recall.

It is so hard to get rid of automobile parts now that I do not even want them around anymore, I have a bunch of 720 fenders in the shed and need a title to get rid of each one, I sold 2 720 doors, L/R fenders, good hood, the cowl piece, and some other stuff for $40.00 just to get rid of it.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1

I have AC and heater units, I just happened across the ebay auction and thought it was ridiculously priced.  I traded two AC/Heater systems to Captain 720 when he was down here a couple months back.

I do not have the title problem here in Phoenix.  I just cut the parts up that do not sell and add them to the scrap pile at my friends wrecking yard.  I still buy complete trucks from time to time, but I have slowed way down buying as I am working on cleaning out my parts stash and finishing the 520..

I need to get the parts together for the VG30 automatic swap on one of my 720 king cabs.

4 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

I have AC and heater units, I just happened across the ebay auction and thought it was ridiculously priced.  I traded two AC/Heater systems to Captain 720 when he was down here a couple months back.

I do not have the title problem here in Phoenix.  I just cut the parts up that do not sell and add them to the scrap pile at my friends wrecking yard.  I still buy complete trucks from time to time, but I have slowed way down buying as I am working on cleaning out my parts stash and finishing the 520..

I need to get the parts together for the VG30 automatic swap on one of my 720 king cabs.

What parts you need for this VG30 automatic swap?

• Like 1

That will be the plan.  Clean it, assess it, and get it running.  Have the transmission gone through.

Set it up in my 85 so I can get the mounts and other things sorted out.  I have a hardbody V6 tank and fuel pump that with some bracket modifications will fit into the 720 king cab just fine.

2 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Wiring, ECM, and the automatic transmission electrical control box.

I have the complete wiring harness for the early VG30 with an automatic transmission in boxes in my shed that go to the VG30/auto trans in my other shed, Mike pulled it from the car.

I bought it all several years ago thinking I would put the whole thing in a 720, that is not going to happen, PM me.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It is emission inspection and registration time again.  Orderer plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor for this.  I will clean the engine compartment and work on cleaning up the inside of the carb.  I think it might be time to put a kit in the carb as it is 8 years old now.  and at this time I will order 1 size smaller idle jets for my Weber.  It is a little rich at idle but a good bath and a kit might take care of that.  Here in AZ with the summer temps it is better to be a little rich than a little lean.  Oil change time again also.  Wix filter 51515XP and some Shell Rotella T4 15W-40 will quiet down the top end.

I might have to replace the cat as it has been 2 years since my brother put the last $30 cat on it.  I will have it tested and if it fails I will replace the cat.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Failed emissions last Saturday.  NOX is off by 16 points.  Did tune up, plugs, cap, rotor, cap, and wires.

#1 is burning white on the plug,  the other are tan in color.  I will clean and test the EGR.

No vacuum leaks at the intake or the carb.  All new vacuum lines a couple months ago.  If I fail after re test I will go up 1 size on the primary high speed jet.