belltech lowering leaf springs

mbunzel

hey guys ive been looking for a set of 720 4x4 leaf springs but have had no luck. I saw summit racing has belltech lowering leaf springs for the hardbody does anybody have experience with this or any insight, mainly do they fit and and how do they compare drop wise to the 720 leafs? 

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bel-5974/overview/year/1985/make/nissan/model/720

• Like 1
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$140 per side? For less, take yours to a spring shop and have some arch taken out of them. 620/720 and D-21s have the same length of springs at 1,200mm. The stock 620 spring constant is just over 300lb/in the 720 4x4s are 442lb/in.

• Like 1

does that yard not have a wheeled cherry picker in the yard? 

the 720 i got mine from was sitting on the leafs. used the cherry picker from the yard to lift it and set it back down.. 

ask em to pick it up for you.

youre the one paying for them. its the least they could do to make a few bucks. 

• Like 3

I think he drilled the axle perch, drilling the leafs is likely a bad idea, and you likely would go threw several drill bits trying also.

drilling holes in treated spring steel kind scares me.. the stock holes are cut before the spring is treated, so drilling afterward would cause it to be a point to crack.. 

• Like 2

Street Edge offers a five year warranty, not bad! Looks like good stuff, they have spindles for the front for $200 as well. I might have to get those leaf springs and spindles!  Unfortunately, there are literally NO 720's in the junkyards near me, they were all crushed a long time ago! So no 4x4 springs for me! Seems like there is nothing earlier than the 90's. The "cash for clunkers" is to blame for that, causing a huge increase in inventory all of a sudden.

• Like 1

Ok, I don't want to rain on your parade, you ever heard of axle wrap?

Do not remove leafs, I don't care if it looks better, with the power you engine puts out, you need for that rearend to stay in the position it's supposed to be in, not twisting everytime you shift a gear, if it twists enough, it can start pulling the yoke out of the back of the transmission, if your doing 70/80mph and slamming gears...... :(

I made a aluminum 1 piece..

• Like 4

I have found the 720 4x4s at pick in pull before but the last time i was there they had the truck sitting on the leafs so there was no way i was getting them off. 

I find the guy with the fork lift and tell him what I want and he repositions the vehicle for me.

You can also drive your truck or car to your local spring shop and tell the how you want the back to sit and they can do it.  This is more expensive than taking them just your springs but you will end up with a truck or car that does not lean. 

Ok, I don't want to rain on your parade, you ever heard of axle wrap?

Do not remove leafs, I don't care if it looks better, with the power you engine puts out, you need for that rearend to stay in the position it's supposed to be in, not twisting everytime you shift a gear, if it twists enough, it can start pulling the yoke out of the back of the transmission, if your doing 70/80mph and slamming gears...... :(

I get that part wayne thank you, but does these Belltech leaf's fit on the 521's. I assume yes because guys swap out the 720 4x4.But this would be cleaner and less blocks for desired drop if i don't 4 link the rear end.

• Like 1