1982 Datsun Nissan Sunny/Sentra B11 - Shakotan Build

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right things have changed a bit since my last post. The last wheels were not big enough for what I wanted so needed to upgrade to some 15"'s. After a little searching for a few weeks I somehow managed to stumble on some SSR MK1's wheels which in the UK are literally unheard of as they don't make them, only SSR's that exist in the UK would have been imported and not many people do that so can appreciate my excitement when I managed to get some myself. These are super rare in england but not sure if they're more available in the US?

They fit amazing and the pictures don't do it justice but I'm literally so excited to put them on.

The cars nearly done now I just need to lower the suspension more so they sit perfectly on the new wheels but then it shall be ready. Here's my new wheels on the car, suspension isn't fully lowered here so imagine the wheels properly on and the car lower haha

ljCWAvJ.jpg

POhcBnE.jpg

Cool, those look really good  :cool: they'll look even better when you put the lug nuts on  :lol:

MK1s are pretty rare here too, but there is probably a greater amount of them and other vintage Japanese wheels here since a lot of people are doling out fat stacks of cash to get them.

I'd like to get a set like those or the ultra super rare toyota tosco rims

• Like 1

Cool, those look really good  :cool: they'll look even better when you put the lug nuts on  :lol:

MK1s are pretty rare here too, but there is probably a greater amount of them and other vintage Japanese wheels here since a lot of people are doling out fat stacks of cash to get them.

I'd like to get a set like those or the ultra super rare toyota tosco rims

oh awesome I just see more of them from american because there's more imported like you said. Yeah I was only testing them so didn't bother with putting bolts on haha.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Long time no update.

Here's a video of my and my mates beetle doing a little drive by.

11096441_824448850925401_452710084818539

Did some work on the car today, gave the car its first wash since owning it haha polished all the chrome up on the car and did some back to black on the bumpers to get it shining and looking new.

Main mods for the day include a custom made splitter my dads making for me, basically he's made this out of some mdf and we've have sprayed it black, in-between the holes I've got some white and red mesh to go on there (white red white makes it look like a japan flag) but didn't get a picture of the complete thing as my phone died.

Here's a really rough picture of how it looked when we had cut it all out etc...it had since been sprayed black and made a lot neater and also has the mesh in the holes.

yCPUhSA.jpg

Also on the front lip of the car there was a few nasty cracks in there and had a few rust marks around the screws so decided to paint the front of the car black to just neaten it up and you can't really see it much anyway as the front lip will be going over it but here's a pic so you can see.

uQtYtv3.jpg

Been wanting to get one of these pictures for a while and the sun was out so decided to go hunt for a pink tree in the village haha SAKURA FTW

jwIXMVf.jpg

Will be fitting the new front lip next week and will be getting the fender mirrors on  :ninja:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Long time no update.

Here's a video of my and my mates beetle doing a little drive by.

11096441_824448850925401_452710084818539

Did some work on the car today, gave the car its first wash since owning it haha polished all the chrome up on the car and did some back to black on the bumpers to get it shining and looking new.

Main mods for the day include a custom made splitter my dads making for me, basically he's made this out of some mdf and we've have sprayed it black, in-between the holes I've got some white and red mesh to go on there (white red white makes it look like a japan flag) but didn't get a picture of the complete thing as my phone died.

Here's a really rough picture of how it looked when we had cut it all out etc...it had since been sprayed black and made a lot neater and also has the mesh in the holes.

yCPUhSA.jpg

Also on the front lip of the car there was a few nasty cracks in there and had a few rust marks around the screws so decided to paint the front of the car black to just neaten it up and you can't really see it much anyway as the front lip will be going over it but here's a pic so you can see.

uQtYtv3.jpg

Been wanting to get one of these pictures for a while and the sun was out so decided to go hunt for a pink tree in the village haha SAKURA FTW

jwIXMVf.jpg

Will be fitting the new front lip next week and will be getting the fender mirrors on  :ninja:

Yo i lurk your instagram page pretty regularly ! lol. I just lowered my wagon too bro. Love your car with a passion

• Like 1

Yo i lurk your instagram page pretty regularly ! lol. I just lowered my wagon too bro. Love your car with a passion

haha that's awesome that you're loving the car man really appreciate that.

What's your instagram I'm intrigued to see this wagon!

• 5 months later...

Completely forgot about this build thread. Loads has changed since the last update so here's some more recent pictures.

Managed to import my dream wheels. Techno Phantoms still can't believe I've got them. Also got a Hakosuka Skyline Spoiler for it loads of other stuff. I will update this thread properly in the next few days

11886136_701353309996009_580989631283694

11953313_701350156662991_743912591714709

• Like 2