Frustration!

Littlewass

OK, I am restoring a 1973 1200 coup to new.  Have found almost every part I need as either NOS, salvage, or good quality reproduction except one. . .those Front wing/vent window gasket/seals! (You know, those triangle shaped windows on the front doors that pivot opened).  I have everything except the gasket/seals. . . I have found them for every other freekin model they ever made but not the coup.  So, here is my question.  Can you buy ones for another 1200 body style like the sedan or truck and modify them?  Can you get them from another model car and modify?  does anyone have any ideas or know if they are being reproduced or available?

Thanks,
Marc

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a set of rustv free 1200 doorks I maybe could remove a wing window ,lets see is it a fastback/ coupe because that's what my doorks are ,also have a JDM metal grill and a couple gas tanks somewhere here but want money for that , Also for 1200 loouvers I have most rear plastic panels black .Hit me direct to free up site thanks hosestop@msn.com if you want fast answer .

The gasket seal around the wing window for the coupe and the sedan are different part numbers and so is the glass so it must ne slightly different shape, but for the life of me I can't 'see' the difference. Coupe may have a lower roof line?

I guess if you can get a pair cheap try them. If too big you can trim and 'glue' them together.

BTW the parts are

RH 80282-H1800

LH 80283-H1800... both under $20 each if you find them.

I believe the Coupe roof is approximately 1" lower than the Sedan thereby requiring different doors, glass, and windshield components. I have read of folks cutting the Sedan rubbers down to fit a coupe.?

Try scouting around on the 1200 forum as all of this has been covered there for sure.

Let us know what you find out.

FWIW the coupe and sedan/truck are different.  Mike has the right Part #'s (might end in H1801 also). You may be able to get some for a sedan still but would have to modify them.