KPGC10 GTR Hakosuka Conversion Kit

Vince_

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it mixes the most beautiful skyline with the most beautiful truck so is that not kinda like bagging a really got mom and her daufhter?

Also it all looks bolt on so its not really wrecking the 620 as long as people put the factory pieces in a shed somewhere (which I hope the majority would do) you could always revert to stock.

When it comes to 'beauty,' it's totally in the 'eye of the beholder'. Mixing beautiful parts from one vehicle to another beautiful vehicle does not make said vehicle beautiful. What about a '53 Corvette front on a '63 Stingray? Or '55 Chev on a '70 Malibu?  

The thing is, I honestly hope no one here is building and designing their Datsun in a way to appease another member. Each person has their own taste. It's total 15yr old troll status to hate on what one man likes cause it's not what you like. He is building for himself (i hope), not you. I chose the 620 because it has a gorgeous bullet side design. I have always wanted a small truck and this one appeals to me most. I did not choose it because I'm broke... Not sure why you would say that

To me the nose of the 620 has some appealing design, but not much.  The tucked in bumper is something most trucks will never have (and then Datsun hangs that abomination off the back???)   The skyline hood and grille have some shape to them, not just a flat hood.  I like it, and understand that not everyone will.  If I built a custom truck to my idea of cool, I'd be pissed if someone copied it, like when I built my tuned port injected S10 and put it on taller wider tires and mild fender flares, and 2 years later it was available at the dealer (with a V6) as a ZR2.  I will never own a bagged truck, but I can appreciate those who build and own them.  To me, anyone who bashes a custom truck is a person who can't put him/herself into the shoes of the owner to understand why.  There's always a good reason.  

• Like 3

The thing is, I honestly hope no one here is building and designing their Datsun in a way to appease another member. Each person has their own taste. It's total 15yr old troll status to hate on what one man likes cause it's not what you like. He is building for himself (i hope), not you. I chose the 620 because it has a gorgeous bullet side design. I have always wanted a small truck and this one appeals to me most. I did not choose it because I'm broke... Not sure why you would say that

Beauty, as I said earlier, is in the eye of the beholder. I might 'hate' what is being done but not the person doing it. The 620 is as perfect looking as it can be, as is. Likely there is someone who feels the same about the Hakosuka and wonders why anyone would put a truck back end on one. (I have to agree with this)  At $1,500 and an ocean in the way I'm guessing this isn't going to happen any way or any time soon.

To me the nose of the 620 has some appealing design, but not much.  The tucked in bumper is something most trucks will never have (and then Datsun hangs that abomination off the back???)   The skyline hood and grille have some shape to them, not just a flat hood.  I like it, and understand that not everyone will.  If I built a custom truck to my idea of cool, I'd be pissed if someone copied it, like when I built my tuned port injected S10 and put it on taller wider tires and mild fender flares, and 2 years later it was available at the dealer (with a V6) as a ZR2.  I will never own a bagged truck, but I can appreciate those who build and own them.  To me, anyone who bashes a custom truck is a person who can't put him/herself into the shoes of the owner to understand why.  There's always a good reason.  

Imitation, is the sincerest form of flattery. 

• 3 weeks later...

HATE this, but just because the roofline is all wrong.  It's not chopped, its an s14 maybe?

4722672342_6178930592_o.jpg

I really like this one, I think it's similar but a little better than the Sunny front end.  I could see doing it but KIT and SUNNY are $$

As an alternative, does anyone think I can just import a grill, badges, and lip (possibly even the hood) and it'll still accomplish the Sunny Hakotora GTR look? I can get the flares in the states.

521gtr_zps4f8d0196.jpg

I actually like this but...

IMG_55342447003518.jpeg

IMG_55347945699814.jpeg

I agree with this.

I know..

Hate to see the the most beautiful piece of truck art Nissan ever made, 'altered' like this. SMH

I think the 620 is about perfect the way it's styled.  a "square" front end doesn't suit it as well

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey so who has this kit for 1500$ and how can i contact this person? Thanks

Malaysia. He has two on hand for $1500. But you'll have to find out if he would ship them. And how much. May be a deal killer. He builds them himself. I found him through instagram. I can get try to get a poc if someone legit wanted one. Im not gonna mess with it. Too much hassle and risk.