KPGC10 GTR Hakosuka Conversion Kit

Vince_

Hey everyone, I found a company that is willing to design and build a kit that includes full fenders, hood, and front end with grill, headlamp frames, and bumper lip. I was wondering if anyone is interested because they require 5~+ people before they start the R&D on the conversion kit. 

The price is $2500-3000~ depending on how many people are interested. They are called "CarbonSignal Automotive". I hope some are interested because I would like to get this kit; they have a kit for the Datsun Sunny's as well. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I bet there are more than a few real GT-R Hakasukas spinning in their graves right now.

Now if the kit converted a GT-R Hakasuka into a 620 they could probably afford it. I don't know any 620 owners that want to spend what their trucks are worth on this.

• Like 2

Could you imagine if these kits were 3-$400 dollars we would see a lot more of them on cars and trucks. Some guys are willing to pay $1000 for a overseas grill with the supersonic badge, or add flares and BRE spoilers along with bigger than stock wheels, all to make their car copy a racecar they saw in a picture or as a child. Seems like when something is unobtainable due to cost, it becomes considered silly and unnecessary.

What about the $3000 motor swaps that seem to always get folks excited, yet the donor cars rarely have any related lineage.

That grill/headlight hood combo looks bad ass, the flares and huge rubber look totally at home as well, not really a chopped roof kind of guy though, at least not on mini trucks,

I guess it would be safe to say that there are thousands of 620's rolling in there rusty graves.

For me, this is a chocolate in my peanut butter kind of experience.

• Like 1

i didnt consider the price a problem. i initially thought the photo above was the depiction of the actual kit but i guess i was wrong?

i think it would look pretty cool as long as the 620 was able to retain its natural body lines, specifically the bulletsides

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Malaysia. He has two on hand for $1500. But you'll have to find out if he would ship them. And how much. May be a deal killer. He builds them himself. I found him through instagram. I can get try to get a poc if someone legit wanted one. Im not gonna mess with it. Too much hassle and risk.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Mike, I think there are 2 distinct groups of people here, but all of us drive Datsun because we chose Datsun. Some chose it for budget reasons, others because its an iconic 70's piece of rolling art, and we may wish to install the Skyline front end if we so desire.  No matter how many mods you make to a 620, its still cheaper than buying a new truck and some of us love our old truck enough that price isn't the biggest obstacle to overcome.  Just be happy this truck hasn't been a headliner in a new movie, or everyone would buy up all the available parts and prices would soar.  

• Like 2