Cleaned and painted my engine compartment

jesusno2

since i got the wrong foot pedals i decided i needed a different project for today so i spent most the day scrubbing and sanding and priming and painting my engine compartment. heres a few before and after pics thats alot of work with the motor and wiring still in tact lol!!

before

my5101stengine.jpg

after

PAINTEDMOTORCOMPARTMENT.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin good man! Makes me think I should atempt mine! Did you rattle can it?

I am not that familiar w/ the 510 engine bay, but it is interesting how fewer relays, etc the 510 seems to have vs the 521 running down the fenders.

I am not that familiar w/ the 510 engine bay, but it is interesting how fewer relays, etc the 510 seems to have vs the 521 running down the fenders.

That's because they are on the passenger side, behind the battery, behind the strut tower and on the drivers side on the radiator mounting of the core support. Just out of view. Stock wiring that is. All of those points are out of view in this photo..

Yea I like the color combo thinking I'm gonna do a BRE color combo only flat black and olive drab. This car was a automatic car it has its fair share of relays, which I have no idea which ones are which yet, lol!! 5 or 6 just in the engine compartment. Some of the stuff I just painted over cause ill be replacing them anyways in the future. Some brake lines and the lower strut brace bushings etc. I did figure out why my wipers don't work cause the motor is locked up solid!! Now on for a hunt for a better one of those and try and round up some foot pedals