71 510 DD "Daily Driver"

Decided to start a thread for my 2 door 510 Daily Driver project.  Bought it and the one i drive now together from a guy, bare shell but its a 2 door

Plan

•  Ka24de swap
  •  5 speed trans
  •  T3 coilovers front and rear on stock struts
  •  going to do stock brakes for now
  •  Bomz racing seats re-upholstered with my uncle (who has done seats for chip foose)
  •  subaru lsd when i find one
  •  cv axle conversion
  •  Wheels and tires, ides to come want to go 15's but dont know if i will flare the car or not
  •  Body and paint is still up in the air, dont know if flares or not yet         

Going to lower the car but dont want any camber sense it will be a commuter so i will buy the rear camber toe adjusters and fix that so i can go some lower then stock height before it cambers.  

Started to work on the front end of the car cuz it was hit slightly on the driver front of the core support and was cut off when i got the car but did come with a piece to put on, then will have to work on floores and put in a flipped cross member

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and I've lost interest already. That was quick

Yea what mike said, lousy intro man :sleep: we like stories and pics, lots of pics. Iv'e seen your car already (instagram) but would be cool to see more pics and get more info.

No project thread is complete without pictures and more description. What's the plan for it? lowered suspension, brake upgrade, eventual engine swap? Maybe keep it stock? Because TTIWLWOP

Sorry guys, some how during the post my computer shut down and i guess posted what i had.

Trying to post pics but every way i try it says that ratsun doesnt support that extension

Updated the brief info on the build  

Gunna start off by showing the 510 in am driving right now

First pic to last of the black 2 door is oldest to newest

Has an L20 with a 32/36 weber carb, 280z 5 speed

15x7 +4 Hayashi perrier mesh

T3 front coils and cut rear springs

Nrg qick release and steering wheel

Racing seats with 4 point harness

Straight piped to an Apexi N1 Muffler

AND ALOT OF STICKERS!!!!

IMG_25121_zps14c7b8f3.jpg

IMG_40672_zps93efe7de.jpg

IMG_4740_zpsbfa82794.jpg

IMG_88822_zpsf9bcc608.jpg

• Like 5

Shit I would roll that the way it is.

Looks like Dillons with his Autobahn wheels on there.

Just my opinion here.

I would roll the car with the weber as long as you can and do the KA car(the core support car) as this would that months if not years any way so why not drive a 510 while you learn on the car thats in pieces.

Have you seen frank in Everett?

Shit I would roll that the way it is.

Looks like Dillons with his Autobahn wheels on there.

Just my opinion here.

I would roll the car with the weber as long as you can and do the KA car(the core support car) as this would that months if not years any way so why not drive a 510 while you learn on the car thats in pieces.

Have you seen frank in Everett?

Exactly!, i was going to ka swap the black one but my dad was like why dont you do it the core support one sense he knows how much i like driving 510's so i can still drive one while i work on one!

Yeah i have meet Frank and Dillon and Raphael down in everett.  Good guys.  have given me alot of advice and knowledge 

• Like 1

Please please please do the brakes before the engine swap, stock 510 brakes are a joke once you reallly start rollin??

If you drive the speed limit and not show off your fine worked for me my 26years. But the 280zx stuff is great. just depends on wheels offsets

BY the way love the car, I like Slamed patina 510s

Thanks man. i appreciate that the comments, i love slammed patina 510's too.  i have thought about the one im building now, leaving kinda patina'd 

i would do 280zx stuff but i already have coilovers built on the stock 510 struts and want to save that money for other parts for now, it is gunna be more commuter the track fun for now so stock is ok for now, but i have a set of 280zx ones for my 3rd 2 door to build

Nice progress man!!

Keep it up!!

Was this car at Canby this year with the rest of the crew??

Thanks man!! it was a canby yes but it had slotted mags and no fender mirrors and wasnt as low

I have the 510 struts also. with those coil overs

Key is to weld the new perch at the same location as the old one as if you put +25mm offset rims on there(like 15x7s) it will come close to hitting the strut and the perch will hit the tire if you mount to perch lower than this.

if people run the 0 offset 280z struff then the perch is usually lower belower the tire line.

if this is together already disreagard as you got the Cool lokk alread

I have the 510 struts also. with those coil overs

Key is to weld the new perch at the same location as the old one as if you put +25mm offset rims on there(like 15x7s) it will come close to hitting the strut and the perch will hit the tire if you mount to perch lower than this.

if people run the 0 offset 280z struff then the perch is usually lower belower the tire line.

if this is together already disreagard as you got the Cool lokk alread

Thanks for the info but i already have them welded up and i like running as much dish as i can (closest to 0 offset)

Got some goodies from t3 that came in the other day

IMG_8334_zps9b959798.jpg

Did some more work on the coil overs and core support this weekend, time to fill in the hole

IMG_9678_zpsd9c7418d.jpg

IMG_8355_zps2d7ad341.jpg

IMG_1652_zps67adb233.jpg

IMG_2801_zps05058f90.jpg

IMG_4519_zpsf4dbd049.jpg

IMG_8810_zpsa8ddeead.jpg

Painted strut tubes and assembled the coil overs and camber adjusters 

image_zps89e7792a.jpg

IMG_7432_zps253b93c5.jpg

IMG_3351_zpsc8e6d17d.jpg

Instead of welding a butt weld to shorten the tube i went to an exhaust shop and had them bump it up and i did a lap weld to make it stronger and safer

IMG_8627_zps6d823b63.jpg

• Like 3