Datslocos WA thread

hobospyder

where to meet february  

10 members have voted

1. 1. voting for february meet spot

• tacoma sonic
    • dilla factory (centralia)
    • somewhere else?

I all for more events, but I gotta give you credit for the enthusiasm. Its just we already have several groups in the region that plan events or gatherings just fine. I just don't see the need for an out of towner group planning events for us. Maybe it feels like our toes are being stepped on a bit. It feels like the attitude is "we're here and we're going to improve where ypu lack". Its just the vibe I got. Demanding anything will get you nowhere. We've got unspoken traditions uphere.I understand what datslocos stands for. Im just not seeing how its going to improve attendence. I think some of us pnw datsun owners got the feeling that if we don't like it tuff shit. Not a very welcoming attitude. If its a good club, it doesn't need to recruit members, they'll change over on thier own. I dont need to be datslocos to be datslocos.

• Like 5
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my view, there are some new guys that want to have meets and what not, they see all this datslocos stuff going on in Cali and think, hey this will be great! Not knowing that us morons up here have been doing this sort of thing for years, we just didn't have an official name. Now all if a sudden our make a meet if you want one policy has turned into datslocos monthly meets and cruises.

• Like 4

I like the quotes from tdaaj and q-tip above. 

Reading threads about PDX/Sea-Tac events for years backs their quotes.

Now, I live too far away from anybody to really have a 'thing' to be a part of when it comes to Datsuns. 

But the flash mob mentality is a little bit off putting. Too brash of an approach?

I was texted by a member to come to a datsloco event, which is what caused me to look in to it.

From what I have read so far, probably not. 

Maybe I'm reading it to be a bit cliquey. All the cool kids are doing it; you must too. 

What if my beard is not shaggy enough? Did I wear the right Dunks today? Am I vaping hard enough?

A for effort and enthusiasm. But you guys are doing nothing new. Just the newest.

Are you calling my carshow a freakshow?????

If you wanted my attention you got it!!

I was calling RATSUN a freakshow ... You know the fucking WESITE YOUR POSTING ON!!! 

Not sure what the fuck you have to do with any of this conversation,,, BUT,,  I have followed YOUR monthlly get togethers  (religiously  i might add )and maybe,,, maybe,, 8 cars show up................ While us guys up here usually pull 10-15 at our semi monthly meets,,,,,,,,,,,, SO i guess my question is why the fuck would we want LESS people to show up????

BTW ,,, it's not 75 and sunny most of the winter " up here"  hell i see some of your guys saying they can't make it if it rains,,,,,,,,,, LOL

• Like 2

If you wanted my attention you got it!!

I was calling RATSUN a freakshow ... You know the fucking WESITE YOUR POSTING ON!!! 

Not sure what the fuck you have to do with any of this conversation,,, BUT,,  I have followed YOUR monthlly get togethers  (religiously  i might add )and maybe,,, maybe,, 8 cars show up................ While us guys up here usually pull 10-15 at our semi monthly meets,,,,,,,,,,,, SO i guess my question is why the fuck would we want LESS people to show up????

BTW ,,, it's not 75 and sunny most of the winter " up here"  hell i see some of your guys saying they can't make it if it rains,,,,,,,,,, LOL

o0s4edjpg.gif

• Like 3

Yeah,,,, when i talked to you i hadn't been online for awhile and everything was happy ,, happy..  I really had no idea how much greater those Modesto guys really thought they were than us,,, at that point.

But now it's pretty clear,,

• Like 2

examples?

And this,,, funny how a couple of us "locals"  were voicing a couple concerns about the "locos" taking over our local events, that a couple local old timers have that lurk in the shadows but i talked to in person Yesterday,,, and that immediately brought about the name calling... in a couple backhanded complements ..  Yeah i would like to meet you to ,,, well,,,,  unless your a arrogant prick,, cuz i don't have any time for guys "like that" ..

Amen my brother and any other locos out there. Id like to meet in person these people that are making a big deal over nothing. Now i really look forward to going to canby. I really liked ratsun because its cool to talk about our datsuns and to talk to others who love datsuns like ourselves but if this shit turns into a facebook (soap opera) drama then im out. No need and no time for the childish bullshit. Anyways gotta love our datsuns. Datsloco for life.

i think you guys are looking at it wrong. no out of towners are trying to step in on your hood yo. 

no seriously, they were asked to come here. i was, and am all for a monthly meet. we can still do other meets too. the people who have been planning things for datslocos meets are all local guys (myself included). if you want to help plan a meet or a run i am all ears and would love more people to help plan shit. if you were at hobos housewarming and LISTENED to what al (denmarkboy) had to say you would not be so upset. datslocos is not trying to take over, they are here to support. they dont want to take over blue lake they want to help support it with things like running the grill.

i view it as a way to help build the community. yes we do have a bunch of local groups going on, and i am a part of most of them. this just helps to tie them all together, locally and regionally. 

• Like 2

Oh man, stop internetting and it blows up.

Datslocos isn't trying to take over the area and knock the groups that are already here out of the way

I'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone else and neither is anybody else in the datslocos group from what I can see. Just trying to give more options

Whats up buddy. FYI those two incidents were not datsloco related. That was their own fun runs. Just thought id clear that up. But the 521 accident was us

didn't know that they weren't datslocos runs, sorry bro was just putting up examples and they didn't even reflect badly on the group just things that happened
  • Like 1

"we're here and we're going to improve where ypu lack".

I for sure nave heard a datslocos person say this.. this is the complete opposite of what we wanna do.

Like I said rep the name don't rep the name. Come to the meets, don't come.

The only reason we wanted to make a meet in the middle of WA is so that all of Washingtons Datsun could be together.. I even told a few people I'd help get them to the meet if their datsuns couldn't make it there.

I'm not mad at anyone's view not at all.

But we're not trying to take over we just want everyone that loves Datsuns together so that we can meet people! Not on line were we can tell if their mad or just joking or just being a dick head to be a dick head.

Just wanna see datsuns!

I think it's funny guys got so touchy about Datslocos WA. Be apart don't be it's fine man. I'll still go to the non datslocos meets for the love of datsuns.

But really guys shut up.

We're just trying to set some shit up.

Stop turning this into that shittiy thread were everyone talks shit about what people are trying to do for the Datsuns.

Looks like Tacoma sonic is winning guys.

I have no problem driving there being their both the same time from me.

But the voting isn't over!! Let's keep the votes comimg!

• Like 1

i think you guys are looking at it wrong. no out of towners are trying to step in on your hood yo. 

no seriously, they were asked to come here. i was, and am all for a monthly meet. we can still do other meets too. the people who have been planning things for datslocos meets are all local guys (myself included). if you want to help plan a meet or a run i am all ears and would love more people to help plan shit. if you were at hobos housewarming and LISTENED to what al (denmarkboy) had to say you would not be so upset. datslocos is not trying to take over, they are here to support. they dont want to take over blue lake they want to help support it with things like running the grill.

i view it as a way to help build the community. yes we do have a bunch of local groups going on, and i am a part of most of them. this just helps to tie them all together, locally and regionally. 

Today is a new day and i think the Dr. said it best.

I'm not interested in exchanging negative comments , Thats  not why i come to Ratsun  . I come here to share my builds and a read about others . And to help the community i love grow . 

On that note :    

cant wait to see the pictures from your future get together .

I realize you guys only seem to happy when you starting drama so you have something to talk about . But this is a thread about events and future events .

Isn't there a " nothing better to do with your time " thread .

If you don't want to be involved or be a part, that's great .

But I don't understand how more activities with your datsun is a negative thing .

Are you calling my carshow a freakshow?????

No he was calling our gathering in general a freakshow, him included. 

I think the internet causes a lot of drama due to the lack of inflection found in personal conversation. Sarcasm and silliness tend to get construed as anger or viciousness. Everyone should take a step back and a deep breath and stop with the bunched undies.

Never Forget. 

025493eb-1.jpg

Blah, Blah, Datsun.

• Like 5