SR20DE Question.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have that adapter that mates the FWD SR to a L series RWD tranny, that could be had for a couple hundred bucks. Still requires attention to the intake manifold facing the wrong way and the distributor into the firewall.

This peice was originally purchased with a Z car in mind. Where the motor could be scooted forward just enough to clear the distributor/firewall. And that might even make some intake plumbing clear around the back of the motor being feed from a turbo.

But its available if you are interested in a cool project. Those FWD SR's can put down some serious power.

Jason

Holy fuck is it after 4:20 already!

What about FWD SR20 in the front of the 620. Swap in the struts, steering, motor/tranny get rid of the 620 torsion bars, steering, suspension, tranny, drive shaft. Probably easier in a 610. WTF? I must be having a contact hi?

yea mmm 420, haha, anyway bonvo thats a crazy idea that would suck balls.. you would be snapping shit left an right man, dont get me wrong, its creative.. just not logical.. if you wanted to do the awd thing its better to get a sr20det from a bluebird with an awd tranny.. that would be a hell of alot simpler

yeah i thought about that considering the drive axles leaving the tranny are small obviously would require alot of work to make it bulletproof but if the axles are somehow modified to be bigger it could work fabrication skills would obviously be required but it would be interesting to say the least i like the idea of an awd car take the drivetrain out of somthing already awd and drop it in to a datto but i cant stand the sight of a motor sitting sideways it drives me nuts that is not how god intended it lmao:lol:

• 1 year later...