'79 620 Front Brake Line Routing Help!

Cruzn620

I did a KA swap on my 620 and before we did the transplant I removed EVERYTHING from the engine bay, painted, welded in a new inner fender on the passenger side...blah blah blah...problem is, I only had so many days to use my friends shop to get the swap done, so I put the new motor in BEFORE putting all my brake lines back in (the hard lines) I managed to get them all back in and today I had time to start hooking everything up and bleeding them. Big problem...I can't for the life of me trace down the hard line to the passenger front brake hose...I ran out of daylight today (no garage) but tomorrow is going to be nice, so I'm going to work on it again.

I can't find a brake line routing diagram anywhere. Does anybody have one? It's just weird that I couldn't even trace it down. From what I could see, a line ran out of the M/C, to a distribution block, and on that block the drivers line went to it's home and the other line ended at a spot right where a distribution block for the rear was. I could only trace two lines going down from the fire wall, and both of those ended right at a distribution block. Is there another outlet on these blocks that I'm not seeing that goes over to the passenger brake hose? Is one of the lines I hooked up in the wrong spot possibly? I find that tough to believe because the ends where RIGHT AT the blocks, I didn't have to pull or bend or anything, they just seemed to be in the right spot.

Any help here? Sorry I don't have pictures, but maybe I forgot a line or something and I'm frustrated for no reason. Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks!! I'm also going to have a hell of a lot of bleeding to do, so if you could also let me know the location of all the bleed points that would also be a big help. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C6D08B40-F387-417B-9BA8-A3D3AA01B14A_zps

On that distribution block the fluid comes from the master and in the right side in the picture. The top line goes back to the driver's side front brake and the other side goes down to another block with two outlets. One back to the NLSV and one to the pass side front brake.

Well first of all...you lucky bastard with your A/C! I'm going to have to figure out a way to have AC on my truck at some point...Second...that does help, mine looks the same way....if I'm reading what you wrote correctly, there is another outlet on that block that I couldn't see...and I have another hard line to locate so I can get from that block to the passenger side brake hose. Just to recap, on one of those blocks near the frame rail, there is an inlet and 2 out lets, correct? Thanks for all the help man!

Thanks Mike, I got out to the truck today, opened the passenger door, and that brake line was laying on the seat...Sorry I over looked that! It's hooked up, and then I spent the next 2 hours bleeding the brakes...by myself...HOLY CRAP is there enough bleed points on these trucks? Everything seems great, but it still isn't running, so I'm not sure what the pedal feel will be like when it has vacuum from the motor, I know when it was running with the L20B it didn't have much pedal. Anyway...THANK YOU!

Be sure to adjust the rear drums out. Lift the rear wheels, loose the E brake and turn the star wheel adjusters until the wheel is rubbing when turned by hand. Pump brakes several times to center the shoes and check again. Do both sides and re set the E brake adjustment. Make sure the E brake is fully off when off and the wheels are free to turn. Badly adjusted rear brake shoes have to travel further and this eats up pedal travel.