510 datsun with a chevy 4.3 vortec?

Agent-Gambit

Silvia = 240sx coupe. 180sx = 240sx hatchback. Both of them are S13 chassis. And in Australia it was called 200sx.

However, no Silvia came with the KA24DE. That was only available in North America, the rest of the world had CA and SR engines.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys so I was reading up and does a ka24de really make more power than a sr20? Both being stock of course. I'm curious in this since I'm still debating on what engine id like to go out and buy and I'm not looking into putting turbo anytime soon, if at all to whichever engine I choose.

Non turbo SR to non turbo KA, yes KA makes more power. The only SR people rave about is the turbo version. The non turbo is just a decent economy engine that came in sentras and Infiniti g20s. Just go KA. All the parts are more easily available and more reasonably priced. RWD SR20 specific parts have to be imported so that will typically increase cost. KA was used here for 15 odd years and is the natural progression of the earlier L and Z series engines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was kinda drunk.... ok plastered when I wrote that... failed to notice 510 though I was in the truck section haha... my 4.3 is going into my 620... I do have a supercharged 3800 series II v6 in my 510 though. 

• Like 1

Ive allways wanted to build one of these with the old non balance shaft block, flat tops and a set of high output vortec heads put on it, with some badass valve train.

I think with alot of work you could get 400 crank out of a 4.3 NA.. Maybe one day, when i find something cool to put one in thats not an s10 or a bastard child.