New to Datsun

510in510

Hello all! Just purchased a 1972 510 on Nov. 19 2014

Sorry if this is the wrong place to start this but I am new to Datsun or anything classics in general. I only have a glimpse of how some things work but other than that I am clueless

I purchased the car from Steve in Merced

Steve's work:

Body:

replaced all floor pans

welded spare tire compartment

removed all rust

shaved vent and bumper holes

painted silver metallic

Motor:

1992 Ka24de
cp pistons 9:1 compression
Eagle rods
jwt cams, springs and retainers
OBX header
unorthodox pulley

Tranny:
Fidanza flywheel
Act clutch Stage 2
Subaru LSD R160

Suspension:
15X8+0 Enkei wheels
New Nitto tires

Front coils

Rear springs

Brake:

All stock

So far I need to do this for completion:

Restore dashboard etc

Wirings for interior

Locate impossible to find parts

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun! As a rite of passage noobs have to post pictures of their rides. We like pictures here and you really need to share.  Your dime sound impressive but for one thing...

What you really need is a braking system equal to your engine. You have brakes barely adequate to use on a 45 year old car and your tires are 'grippier' that 40 years ago. Good braking and handling can avoid potential accidents specially those caused by other drivers. It's also more fun to drive with this assurance. Have a look through other build threads and by all means use the search function link on the upper right of every page. We've 7 years of info in it. Read and read again, ask knowledgeable questions.

Check out our classified section for parts. Some parts can be used from other vehicles and some made to fit, others can simply be made.

Welcome to Ratsun! As a rite of passage noobs have to post pictures of their rides. We like pictures here and you really need to share.  Your dime sound impressive but for one thing...

What you really need is a braking system equal to your engine. You have brakes barely adequate to use on a 45 year old car and your tires are 'grippier' that 40 years ago. Good braking and handling can avoid potential accidents specially those caused by other drivers. It's also more fun to drive with this assurance. Have a look through other build threads and by all means use the search function link on the upper right of every page. We've 7 years of info in it. Read and read again, ask knowledgeable questions.

Check out our classified section for parts. Some parts can be used from other vehicles and some made to fit, others can simply be made.

My buddy (that talked me into getting a 510 endlessly) suggest I get a Maxima brake set up. I might consider changing up the current set up. But first thing is first. Need to get motor started first. Missing fuel lines and some wirings. As for flairs, I'm not a big fan or maybe not yet. Still new to 510's and classics in general