STOLEN WHEELS (Long Champ XR-4s 15x7.5 +5) updated size/picture

As some of you might remember I shipped my 510 to Japan back in late May from SoCal...Well the 510 finally arrived only it had a set of cheesy ass XXR 501s on it instead of the XR-4s I had it shipped with. The vehicle was dropped off in Santee, CA on May 28th and eventually shipped out from Sante Fe, CA sometime in September or early October.  

Shipping Company was International Auto Logistics and the timeframe would have been from June to September while the car was in Cali.

Wheels were 15 x 7.5 +5 They were black when they were on the car but may have been stripped.

Unfortunately I don't have any better pictures of them on the car, just put them on the week before it shipped but that is it at the shippers the day I dropped it off in Santee. 

I realize chances of finding the wheels are pretty slim but It had to have been someone from the shipping company that had access to the vehicle.  If anyone knows of someone that might be affiliated with IAL that is selling (or sold) similar wheels please let me know.       

Any information greatly appreciated...Thanks  

10637931_823985290966540_1030909112_n_zp

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, needless to say I was none to happy.  The location in Santee is just north of the 52 on the 67 on Woodside.  It is the Vehicle Processing Center for Military vehicle shipments out of San Diego.   Their reputation is not that great and there have been many problems with these guys.  They took over the contract in May which just so happens to be the month I shipped my 510, great timing...

Thanks guys

Look, the same thing was happening with the LAX staff in charge of loading/dealing with peoples' luggages. Basically an INSIDE job, from what you're telling us. You definitely have to file a police report. Best thing to do if you do ship expensive rims is put locks/ locking lugs nuts, different ones on each bolt (4 sets of 4 on a 510, for example) and take the keys to removing them with you to your destination, or sending them separately. Always secure all your stuff as much as possible when shipping/ sending anything overseas.

Have faith, do what you gotta do to nail them suckas and get your hard earned toys back or have them reimburse/replace your missing items completely. Hey, even threaten to expose them all by names on the internet, mang! ...pisses me off! Lol

Glw-find.

And, thanks for letting us all know, bro!

So!  Based on a crappy photo of 3 of your spokes we are supposed to do WHAT! Get real.  No info, no meaningful responses. Post better photos or whel specs if you want more than BS responses.

Thanks for the reply, you nailed it once again.  This is the second time you have jumped into one of my posts with nothing other to add then being an F'ing douche.  Congrats once again.

Still in the process of moving around out here so don't have the info readily available otherwise it would be up here.  So this is about as real as it gets until I get settled in.  Just found out the wheels were gone and wanted to at least get the word out.

Please don't feel you need to reply, and grow the fuck up...Thanks again for your input.

Shot you a PM in the event you would like to carry on with the conversation.

• Like 3

I think he may be saying, I'm not sure but PERHAPS, "Get a picture, even if it's from the WEB, and load it up here," so we know what they look like and contact you if perhaps they're seen by the folks around the town they were stolen from... I think. :-D You know: Time is of the essence! Don't take it personal. ;-)

• Like 1

Gah, thats pretty scummy. I would definitely agree with the above posts on filing a police report and peppering in some threats to the company. Best of luck finding your rims man. Just out of curiousity, I would love to see a pic of the cheapo rims they stuck you with.

I would guess that your "new rims and tires" were the new owners of your old rims a tires. find the d bag that had your "new wheels" on his car and you have your "man".

I would think that anyone willing to do this sort of theft would be arrogant enough to post pics of his/her car on line. Keep looking for pics, get all CSI on his ass. Then break his nose and keep both sets of wheels and leave his whip on its oil pan and diff drain plugs.

Which might work if these were homemade or in some way unique but they aren't. Probably thousands made and in use. Can't go all CSI on every person that might post pictures of the ones they own. This is less helpful than saying 'you should have..... "

Thanks for the reply, you nailed it once again.  This is the second time you have jumped into one of my posts with nothing other to add then being an F'ing douche.  Congrats once again.

Still in the process of moving around out here so don't have the info readily available otherwise it would be up here.  So this is about as real as it gets until I get settled in.  Just found out the wheels were gone and wanted to at least get the word out.

Please don't feel you need to reply, and grow the fuck up...Thanks again for your input.

Shot you a PM in the event you would like to carry on with the conversation.

Are these the same one's that were on Zeb's 240 ?  Oh and MikeRL411 can't grow up. If he did he would be dead. He is older than I am.  :w00t:

That's really fucked up that some dousche bag thought that was a good idea. I hope you get it resolved.It's going to be tough when your in Japan and the prick is here in SD area.

Unfortunately I was one of the first customers with the new contract so they had not yet established themselves as the Piss Poor company they turned out to be.  Just good timing I guess.  The wheels had locks on them too but of course the shippers had to have the key for the locks to go with it, funny thing is they were nice enough to return the key in a small box for me and leave it in the car. 

Yes, they did still have the red stripe last I saw them.  Looked exactly how they are in the picture on the blue corolla.

No these were not the ones on Zeb's Z, he still has those sitting in his garage.  I knew it would be a pretty slim (at best) chance of finding these but I had to at least get the word out.  Who knows, maybe the kid who swiped them was stupid enough to leave them exactly how they were...

I got a feeling this is going to be somewhat of a long drawn out battle.  Good Times.  On a happier note, just got the word that my 620 arrived out here this week.

Thanks guys 

Yeah, needless to say I was none to happy.  The location in Santee is just north of the 52 on the 67 on Woodside.  It is the Vehicle Processing Center for Military vehicle shipments out of San Diego.   Their reputation is not that great and there have been many problems with these guys.  They took over the contract in May which just so happens to be the month I shipped my 510, great timing...

Thanks guys

ah, okay. I was about to ask why you were shipping the car to Japan. just curious - did the military pay to ship the car or did you? in the '90s the military would only pay to ship vehicle ten years old or newer.

• 10 months later...