2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would the stock version have a stock carb? im changing my vote on this one going for stock. I wish I would have left mine stock how I got it. unmolested except for a radio but it was hooked up to stock speaker. disc brakes and a match box would be the shit especially if you were to be winning it

• Like 3

Wow! That is really cool of you Al. We can see you found some "sponsors", so to speak, but I know this was your brain child. Very cool of you man.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

If you need ANY help, I'm all in.

Thanks ! and you can count on me takin you up on that. It's going to be a pretty basic build and we have alot of time.But that was the plan,and i would like to have it done months before canby . 

• Like 1

would the stock version have a stock carb? im changing my vote on this one going for stock. I wish I would have left mine stock how I got it. unmolested except for a radio but it was hooked up to stock speaker. disc brakes and a match box would be the shit especially if you were to be winning it

I have carbs to go either way, 

• Like 1

Stock build should incorporate items for drive ability such as Weber, matchbox distributor disk front & power brakes.  Things like this.

I will donate a good used tight matchbox distributor.  This is an OEM distributor not a Rock Auto rebuild. 

All ready pm'd denmarkboy.

• Like 2

reindex torsion bars, 720 4x4 leaf springs, stock rims and caps, L16 w/5 spd, ei dizzy, 32/36 carb, modified original air cleaner to fit carb, '68 valve cover, 

Hmmm....I'd personally suggest Z'd lower control arms for the front.....2" drop with stock ride feel and no indexing.  :)   Just a suggestion :)

• Like 3

I have an L16 I can try to rebuild for this.....if it needs one........

......I know I'm not close.......

..........but maybe if you have a huuuuuge project weekend I could come up........

........and bust some nuts.....

Gino......if there's anything I can do........let me know man....

Does this mean Datslocos is going to Canby??!! :frantics:

• Like 3

I voted stock, just because it'd be cool for whoever wins this to decide what they wanna do with it, instead of slamming it, than the winner not liking it lowered and un-doing all the work you guys did to lower it. This is so awesome of you guys though.

I agree with this I voted lowered but then changed it to stock because it would be a pain undoing all the lowering
  • Like 1

I voted stock when lowered was ahead, now I see the lead has changed.  :thumbup:  Vote what you want it to be not just the popular vote. I was wondering when the cut off is for deciding the build? Canby's a coming!

we had posted midnight  dec 31 2014 , or if there is a overwhelming vote one way or the other. 

I told DNW that if enough people voted for the stock truck i would donate my

"Rabbit pen" rust free truck for that build , and i think i have one of every piece of that truck or very close . It would just need to be striped down painted and put back together . 

• Like 2

I have an L16 I can try to rebuild for this.....if it needs one........

Does this mean Datslocos is going to Canby??!! :frantics:

i got a really great running 16 that only needs  to be stripped to a long block and cleaned up. 

And dude i hope so ! Canby wont know what to think . !  they will have to change the name of that town to Datscanby !

• Like 3