Rag joint disc

Tc387

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rag Joint Disc"?  sounds like something out of the 1920 era Rambler Sedan [no, the original Rambler, not the later American Motors version] I found in Montana in  1962.  No I didn't buy it.  Wish to hell I had!  It had been washed away by a flood and dug out of the creek bank, then "parked" on the slab of an abandoned Gas Station.  No, I don't have pictures,  No cell phones with Pix capabilities in that era.  All I had was a Polaroid and they do not translate to e-pix after 50 plus years, P.S. I didn't take a Polaroid so don't ask. 

Ive been searching for the correct rag joint disc for awhile now and have had absolutely no luck finding a part specifically for the 720. Correct diameter but different hardware. Any knowledge?

Get a tubeless tire.  Buy an ordinary "back to school"  compass.  Measure the hole diameters of the yokes.  Put an Xacto or equivalent knife in place of the pencil.  Use your imagination!  P.S.  add a hole puncher, a new one should be able to last for eight hole punches.  If not, get out your drill and some Tungsten tipped drill bits.  Good luck! And I mean it.  Ingenuity and good luck are required to keep these old jewels on the road.

I married a 720 column to a D21 power steering box. The two pair of bolt patterns were not the same diameter so....

Had a 3/8" piece of conveyor belt. It's nylon thread reenforced and like a car tire without the steel belts. Tough as shit to cut. Used a glass tumbler to draw a circle with carpet knife, Punched the holes out with a sharp screwdriver. Works like a charm. Rag joint sounds weak. It's anything but weak.

He wants the "correct" rag joint, not something close enough or God forbid, something you might have to make yourself   :rofl:

Then he may be wasting his time on "RATSUN".  His vehicle is an 1985, what's he going to do when it's more than 29 years old?  Learn to improvise, find the gold at the end of the rainbow, or give up!  I have kept my RL411 going for 47 years by using my head and thinking the problems through, he had better get used to the wonderful world of improvision as opposed to overpriced dubious unknown sourced "equivalent" junk.

• Like 1