trying to fit offset to sloted mags

Hey guys im going to be running sloted mags on my dime and im tryin to figure out what offset i want for my rim. I dont know if these rims are even made anymore and im guessing not. I want to lower my car but not stupidly low. And i want the rims to fill out the wheel well nicly but not be hiting the fenders. And im NOT cuting them or puting flares on it at all. Shes staying clean. Ive talked a little to the one guy that owns the car in the pics and im prity sure he sead their 15s but hes in thiland and doest speak much english so its not easy finding out what hes saying or him understanding me. So im askin for help on this one cause ive seen you guys running sloted mags before. This is kinda the look im going for with the rims.....

Screenshot_2014-02-26-08-30-45_zpsa7tock

These are my rims. Their 14" off of a budys Z car. I dont know the offset yet. And im trying to avoid spacers.

20141025_171613_zpssffvb7ds.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rim diameter has no effect on anything.

You can't make a rim fit, it either fits or it does not. Know what will fit before looking and falling in love

Wheel_Offset_Example_4-400y.jpg

Spacers will only move a poor fitting rim outward toward or into the fender.

Guest Rick-rat

Usually I don't have any trouble reading Canadian post, but your post is an exception. Perhaps you should concentrate on getting an education instead of sloted mags. Really try to work on spelling   :crying:

Try this offset calculator. You will have to take your rim off and do a couple of measurements on it, after all, in order to go somewhere you have to know where you're starting from... http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/WheelOffsetCalc.html

This should tell you about where the new rim will be in relation to the one you have. For example if it says the new rim is 20mm closer to the outside fenders just measure over 2cm from your rim on your car. Keep in mind that the new tire may bulge out slightly too.

The exception to this is that the rims fit just fine.... but you would like them farther out and closer to the fender lip. Then you could space them outward. This will reduce the lug nut threads available but you can always replace with longer studs.

+0 8" wide wheels fit great on a Maxima after some work with a slide hammer. ;)  If you're only running 5 or 6 inch wide wheels, most will fit easily on a 510.  If you're up to 7 inch, I would say probably +30 offset is a good idea.  Check out futofab, I'll be they have some common 510 wheel dimensions of wheels that will fit with or without alterations.