620 king cab

gene knight

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked on my nephews 620 today, rockauto sent me 2 right inner tierods rods that thread onto center link, nobody in town has a left tie Rod until 3 days, ordered 3 of the left tie rods and 1 right tie rod

• Like 1

Got a front clip for a 620 yesterday. Radiator support and inner fender Wells still welded together, the truck was at a junkyard and the clip was bolted on to the firewall

Do you have any pics of how it was done or the truck it was bolted on to? In high school, I bought a wrecked 620, and I bought a complete core support with fenderwells and bolted it together near the firewall. I recall using a lot of 1/4" bolts. Anything else unique about the truck it was on?

• Like 1

The original color of that truck was yellow, but after I primered it, it was later rattle-canned all white. I think the dash and gauges were also sprayed white. I can't remember what color the core/fenderwells were, or if I even primed them. 

The more I think about it, I think I left a few inches of the original fenderwell sticking out, and I just overlapped the new fenderwells. So hack...but hey, I was 16 and it was my first truck and I wanted to get it running asap. I learned so much about cars/trucks with that exercise. Like how to replace a timing cover when the Chiltons manual said - but not showed - to first remove the oil pump, and I had no idea what an oil pump looked like. Then what to do to discover I had the distributor rotor 180 degrees out. 

• Like 1

This front end was done pretty nice as far as easy to remove.  There were either 3 or 4 bolts with nuts on the top of the inner fender well that held the front clip to the side of the firewall/ cowl area.  there were 3 bolts and nuts that went through the floor by the kick panels that held the front clip to the floor of the front of the cab.  The front of the clip was held on with the stock fro body mounts and bolts.  I think it was yellow originall but it had several coats of paint and I think the last was a dark blue.  All that is left of the truck is the cab the bed and the frame,  it is pretty hammered and rusty in spots.

• 4 weeks later...

Well newest update on my nephews 620 was an arizona desert datsun club member came by to help me get motor dialed in/timed so I can get it ready to install with transmission into the truck and get 1 step closer to getting it ready to be a daily driver

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well installed resurfaced flywheel on my nephews motor and rockauto sent a new clutch kit with wrong throw out bearing, they sent me 1 for a 5 speed but I need 1 for a 4 speed, so now I have to find a bearing asap, hope to have motor/transmission installed next Sunday

• Like 1

Yes, it is directly related to the clutch cover application. Some covers have flat fingers, some of them curved. Generally speaking, a thin cover has the curved fingers. The curved finger throw out bearing cannot be used with a flat finger cover.

The easiest way to alleviate any problems when selecting a bearing, is simply to buy a whole clutch kit with a cover, bearing and bearing sleeve/retainer. That way you know it's right.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Find someone from SoCal area that is going to Canby, see if that person knows of anyone that plans to go the Multi State Datsun Classic in Williams AZ.  It would be like the freedom train, only we could call it the parts train.  Duncan and I did this one year with a 1200 windshield.  You could even talk to people who are planning to go to JCCS....it is just a week or 2 prior to Williams.

There should be plenty of time before all of these shows to organize it. Would be pretty cool if Ratsun could pull it off.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...