• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, might get better with a Z20E? 

DSC_0013.JPG

and a 5 speed:

DSC_0014.JPG

Needs a new clutch and resurfacing of the flywheel since it was rusted stuck... 

DSC_0015.JPG

And here it is hauling stuff from my garage to the mc. Kawi needs new fork seals :)

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

• Like 4

I like the little rear bumpers on your truck! I like them the more I look at them. It's the best one I've seen on a 720. Now I want a set for mine! Did they even put them on American sold trucks? I wonder if I have the bolt holes on my frame for them already...

• Like 1

I like the little rear bumpers on your truck! I like them the more I look at them. It's the best one I've seen on a 720. Now I want a set for mine! Did they even put them on American sold trucks? I wonder if I have the bolt holes on my frame for them already...

In the USA those came on the 520 and 521.  And the 320 had a smaller size.  Other countries these came on the 520 521 620 and 720.  They are commonly called bumperettes.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

In the USA those came on the 520 and 521.  And the 320 had a smaller size.  Other countries these came on the 520 521 620 and 720.  They are commonly called bumperettes.

Do you know if the bolt holes to frame on the brackets are the same for all the bumberettes on the trucks? I really want bumberettes on my 720 and it looks like I might only be able to find 521 ones if it all. Does anybody know if 521 bumberettes will bolt right up to my 720 frame? Spliff let me know if you ever want to sell yours. Ill take them dinged up and all. :)

• Like 1

I will check on Saturday if the 521 bumperettes and brackets fit the 720.

The 320 are smaller, the 520 521 bumperettes are the same,  The 520 early 65 66 brackets are straight,  the 67 68 520 and all 521 brackets have a cure to them.

DSC01737_zps0057c161.jpg

DSC01413_zps74cc91e4.jpg

• Like 1

But your truck is too stock and beautiful!

Thanks bruh! But since it's a daily driver and it appears that not everyone can avoid hitting other vehicles (I have a scuff mark from a plastic bumper trying to leave parallel parked behind me on the bottom left corner of my bed now.) It didn't dent the metal but I can't get the scuff out simply. I want some protection back there now. After seeing these bumperettes on this truck I think that would be the best looking for mine. If I already have the holes on the frame and can bolt these up without any modification then I'm kool with it. It's a tasteful change from stock that can easily be reversed and it's still OEM. Only Datsun guys like us would notice it do not come with them I think.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Been a while since I've updated this thread but basically nothing has happened, the 720 keeps on going and going but now I've finally gotten the lowering spindles and rear blocks(courier messed up and lost them, took three weeks before they found the package....)

Also, I've had three weeks vacation. And I bought a Z32 so frankly the 720 hasn't been a priority...

But with the lowering coming up that's gonna change, I have also bought a VW Gold GTI mk1 lip to put up front along with fender mirrors and a set of enkei 15" wheels. 

So stay tuned, things are happening.

Oh, while at a toy store in Denmark I saw this hotwheels car and I had to have it. I know its a 620 but hey, close enough ;)

DSC_0468.jpg

• Like 2