It's not a Datsun but I bought a car and drove it home for $200...so its pretty Ratsun

Found it on craigslist listed for $500 yesterday, called the guy and offered $200 on the spot if it would drive me home. Well around noon we came home with a house project haha. I'm splitting the costs with one of my roommates too so its even cheaper! We're basically just gonna rally the piss out of it until it gives up then scrap it.

I give you Der Stuhlgang:

20141017_122615_zpshdejjrjg.jpg

link to a tiny brake stand in the garage...

http://vid1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/jgong9609/20141017_122425_zpsraswlez3.mp4

and as it sits now (about 24 hrs after picking it up)

20141018_131600_zps74tvdk8t.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its actually my favorite body style bmw ever made...which is why I couldn't help myself when it came up so cheap!

It actually runs great. We killed some of the power by cutting off the exhaust but we're replacing it with a new muffler instead of two super heavy cats and a muffler.

• Like 1

You son of a bitch! How'd you get a Maxima that cheap?! I am sooo jelly.

Buahahahaha, I'm into the cheap stuff as long as I know it will run im going for it.

I also know of a $500 datsun 510 wagon here local that my buddy might be getting!

I got lucky with the maxima though it had been advertised on Klamath Falls CL for $800 and just watched it go down then emailed the person and told them what I could do and agreed went and picked up the car not expecting anything good or bad but car had been sitting for 3 years neglected. Took 7-9 attempts to get it to finally start but damn it was worth it drove home 80+ miles without a single problem! It's a really clean car, pretty straight body, no rust. The only thing I would say is the engine bay needs a major clean up, cleaning out the radiator it was rusty inside but did a flush works like new. It needs a center console but all windows roll down, defrost works, no heater core but will be getting one, needs an exhaust leak fixed which I might go straight blast pipes, detail the car and deep clean the interior and basically almost new. Trans is solid 5 speed and only 157k on the clock, I put my snowflakes on them that had good tires those stock 14's weren't wide enough plus tires were shot but still held air.

• Like 1

nice score. is it no title or something? If it had a title I would probably be tempted to flip it, but that's just kind of what I do anyway.

It has a CA title which we are switching over to OR this week. Thought about flipping it, but the point was to have fun, not make money.

$200 that's a freakin' steal.  I would have bought it for that.

exactly why I kept it a secret lol. I found out about it and told no one, talked to my roommate and we bought it within hours. 

Nice find I love cheap finds! Here's my $200 datsun I bought last week!

Nice dude! I wish we found a datto for $200....the E28 has been on my wtb list for a long time though.

Shit... if nice cars selling for around two bills is a common thing in Oregon (and it seems like it is judging from what I'm seeing), my ass is moving there. :D

See below 

Buahahahaha, I'm into the cheap stuff as long as I know it will run im going for it.

I also know of a $500 datsun 510 wagon here local that my buddy might be getting!

I got lucky with the maxima though it had been advertised on Klamath Falls CL for $800 and just watched it go down then emailed the person and told them what I could do and agreed went and picked up the car not expecting anything good or bad but car had been sitting for 3 years neglected. Took 7-9 attempts to get it to finally start but damn it was worth it drove home 80+ miles without a single problem! It's a really clean car, pretty straight body, no rust. The only thing I would say is the engine bay needs a major clean up, cleaning out the radiator it was rusty inside but did a flush works like new. It needs a center console but all windows roll down, defrost works, no heater core but will be getting one, needs an exhaust leak fixed which I might go straight blast pipes, detail the car and deep clean the interior and basically almost new. Trans is solid 5 speed and only 157k on the clock, I put my snowflakes on them that had good tires those stock 14's weren't wide enough plus tires were shot but still held air.

Basically the same thing I did. He wanted $500, was moving out of state. I called him and told him I'd give him $200 cash today if it would drive me home.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...