Its only a 4door......

EastBay521

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you definitely need to get those rubber lines hooked up.  Otherwise the caliper can't properly float, so it stresses the line every time you brake.  Much less pulls it to the inside as opposed to grabbing it from both sides.  It shouldn't be too hard to put on. If I remember right, I switched the lines to standard 3/16 (3/8-24) thread by means of an adapter, so you may need to undo that and go back to metric.  Caliper is metric 10x1 fitting I'm sure.  I think I changed that because at the time, trying to find metric brake line was annoying me.  Which is easy now, I imagine I just got a wild hair up my butt, or figured if I broke down in pigs knuckle Arkansas, they'd have SAE line, but not metric.  Anyway, just get some rubber line sections, there should be attachment points on those crossmembers.  They're also welded with strengthening plates as I had planned to rally that car.  So don't throw away those rear control arms.  You may also need to do bearings in them, and maybe the diff.

This video was the LZ20 long rod I built.  That motor was awesome, wish I hadn't destroyed it.  I'd build another in a heartbeat.  Tons of torque and revved out great.  Think it was a 2.1 liter with the extra rod length and higher piston pin height.  I have some old pictures of her when she first arrived at my house with the bent control arm, but I don't feel like trying to find a place to upload them right now.  I've long since not paid attention to photobucket. ;)  She was rattle-canned black when I got her on stock wheels with a stock L16 and a bent rear control arm.  Same place that crush is in the C pillar. Not me, some kids in the parking lot hit a light pole prior to my owning it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As always when you think you’re ahead of the game and have a plan life has to punch you in the dick. I was planning to tear down and put the r&p x member I have this weekend but on Thursday night my car decided it doesn’t want to start. Electrical gremlins, shorting out to ground somewhere and it’s draining my battery. Thought I found it Friday night so Saturday I go to start it and still the same thing. I’m really debating on if I should chase down the problem or just rip everything out and spending a couple of nights after work installing the painless harness I have. It just sucks because I have a few things lined up for the week and I know it’s going to be in the back of my mind stressing me out

As always when you think you’re ahead of the game and have a plan life has to punch you in the dick. I was planning to tear down and put the r&p x member I have this weekend but on Thursday night my car decided it doesn’t want to start. Electrical gremlins, shorting out to ground somewhere and it’s draining my battery. Thought I found it Friday night so Saturday I go to start it and still the same thing. I’m really debating on if I should chase down the problem or just rip everything out and spending a couple of nights after work installing the painless harness I have. It just sucks because I have a few things lined up for the week and I know it’s going to be in the back of my mind stressing me out

I'd isolate if it's in the KA harness or body harness, then go from there.  :thumbup:

Yea i plan on having some coilovers in the rear by the summer so i will be addressing that. Ive been collecting some more goodies for her and just ordered some more.

heres a couple

JbmDUNd.jpg

GiSZ01m.jpg

Just wondering, is that an original front grill. And I like that LSD dif.
  • Like 1

Started a little something last weekend..

gvDajES.jpg

0LQcIw5.jpg

wDmyXIc.jpg

BaF2dhc.jpg

N1p6r55.jpg

VVlqHxN.jpg

7sB0p1E.jpg

Everything seems to be working as it should except i fucked up i think on the head light relay. The low beams are on all of the the time and high beams come on when i pull the switch and shut off when i hit the high beam switch. Im going to leave it for now and just unplug the head lights when its not dark out. Dappers have been ordered so im not to worried about it. but since i have the car running again its time to start wrapping it up i should be driving again by next weekend.

Also scored something after work today.... :devil:

PTiJbwF.jpg

QGv5YJj.jpg

rASu1bJ.jpg

2ONszdz.jpg

xmMaaBe.jpg

Super clean

• Like 1

No progress. Tuesday night I started wrapping up the harness then Wednesday I get a notification stating that my headlights were on there way so I didn’t touch it for a couple days to not have to back track and redo the headlights. So Friday after work the we’re delivered but i was not pleased to find that they were not the way I thought I had ordered them. So I called pissed and was surprised that someone answered considering it was about 6pm on a Friday. Great customer service he said the would assemble the bottoms for me and I can go down during the week and get them switched out for me.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything is pretty much done, my only issue is that my high beams are on all of the time when I turn the headlights on. Even when I unplug the high beams from the switch and relay they are still on. I even played around with the wiring going to the stock headlight sockets. Right now I have the low beam wires coming from my relay connected to the wire that says drive on the stock side, high beams going to the wires that say pass on the stock plug and of course ground. If I swap the high and low beam wires it is still the same thing