Its only a 4door......

EastBay521

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rember way back evacuating New Orleans for a storm and it being bumper to bumper and going real slow for a while. My Goon with a stock L16 and rad setup was doing great while other new cars where pulling over overhead. I used to have an issue where I thought my car was overheating but one night on the way home I noticed when I turned on the headlights the gadge would rise some and when I turned off the lights the gadge would fall. I do not know if it still does it sense I fixed the headlight relay. Anyway good luck with the issues.

I drove her a good 60 miles or so today. She did good just got a little warm when going slow or sitting at idle for a while. I picked up a 170 Tstat today I plan on putting it on during my lunch break tomorrow. Also just ordered a spal 10inch puller fan plus I went and picked up a basket i found on cl so the inside won't be so packed when we go up to Oregon

IMG_0083_zpsa2hcbcri.jpg

IMG_0087_zps9flgur4d.jpg

IMG_0088_zpslmuqb1ct.jpg

IMG_0091_zps1oidr1w2.jpg

IMG_0099_zpssr1zgmwl.jpg

Punch in the dick. I came to a letter in the mail yesterday saying that my storage facility is remodeling and all of my shit has to be out by Saturday at the end of the day. I'm working Saturday so that means all of my free time after work ther rest of the week is gonna be moving my shit. Fuckin sucks because my fan comes in today and I discovered that my brake master is leaking, I still need to properly secure my seats down,get u bolts for the basket, hopefully just tighten up the belt so it doesn't squeak when I start it up or have my lights n fans running. A lot of little shit that add up

Did a little something last night. I attempted to put in the dash bezel my buddy gave me but then I realized that someone had cut the top piece where the top of the bezel screws into the dash. I also finally hooked up the light to my temp gauge so I don't have to periodically shine a light on it while I'm driving

IMG_0145_zpscqbtzmv9.jpg

IMG_0146_zpsyxa7wmr8.jpg

IMG_0144_zps5qodlh1f.jpg

IMG_0148_zpsejgic4ou.jpg

Temp switch install was a success I guess you could say, replacing the t stat was a fucking nightmare but I'm glad I did it. Turns out I had a 170 in there already but it runs just above 180 with the new one. Switch is supposed too kick on at 195 and turn off at 185 but it doesn't until what my gauge says is about 210 and turns off at 185 but it's alright with me since it's running cooler.

IMG_0177_zpsd3uiwx5d.jpg

IMG_0178_zpsdvc4h626.jpg

IMG_0179_zpsalmyl8ju.jpg

Tomorrow I was planning on swapping the brake master but i think I found another leak in one of the lines. Also need to get my o2 sensor hooked up. Its using a lot of fuel and I'm getting smoked by every car that wants to play. Hopefully i can get that resolved by the time we leave for Oregon. Still have lots to do with little time

IMG_0181_zpsaf14bsip.jpg

Fun times..happened right when I pick up my gf from work and we were taking off. I heard a funny noise and knew something wasn't right. Luckily I just so happened to have a crescent wrench and a flat head and I was able to get back to the shop which is only 5 minutes away and put some lock tite on the pulley bolts and added 2 more.

90s Dodge neon

I drove the car a good 100 miles or so and she did good. as of now I am not a fan of the new seat because it is mounted to high, it being off center did not bother me I hardly noticed it. I have it mounted as far down as I can go while still being able to slide front to back but it will have to do for now. when I am ready for carpet I will cut the floor support that goes across the car so i can lower it some. i also realized that i dont have to cut the top half of the back seat to get to fit between the wheel wells but i am not a fan of that either ill have to figure something out for that. its just too damn tall

i was able to be under the car today so i checked to make sure everything was tight before this long trip which there was alot loose but now we should be good now. Also played with the ignition timing and idle, but the idle still fluctuates and i have no power. It runs like a healthy L series but no ka plus the car is topping out at about 100mph 104 was the top. im hpoing the o2 sensor not being hooked up may have something to do with it but im not sure i have some homework to do but for now i ordered the bung that the o2 sensor screws into so i can have it mounted

IMG_0196_zpsrvl5zvln.jpg

IMG_0206_zpsoobftiq8.jpg

IMG_0199_zpswtmkspbb.jpg

IMG_0203_zpswbdgzyne.jpg

• Like 1