manual 5speed trans

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys.... that any way to treat CaptunRatsun?

If you have found one it's a little late to ask. A picture will help identify what you have from the at least four different 5 speeds I can think of that would bolt onto the engine you have.

At the upper right of every page under the green 510 picture is our search engine. Type in dogleg swap into the 510 and start reading....

Easiest is the FS5W63A also known as a dogleg because of it's peculiar shift pattern with reverse above first. It's the same length as a 510 transmission, has exactly the same first four gears so no objectionable start off in first, uses the same speedometer cable and on the same side and can use the 510 clutch slave cylinder. I believe the shifter fits through the same floor hole. You will need to modify your transmission mount or better, just make one from a plan on the DimeQuarterly.

THANKS GUYS  THERE IS A USED NISSAN PARTS PLACE WHERE I LIVE I JUST NEEDED TO FIND OUT WHAT THE TRANS NEEDS TO COME OUT OF TO MAKE IT WORK I HAVE AN L20B MY DATTO IS A 72 510 SEDAN AUTO ON THE FLOOR

The Dogleg is the easiest but probably the rarest as only the early 200sx had it and it was an option on the '79 (only in Canada eh?) A10. The FS5W71B was an option on the '78-'79 620 trucks, the 78-'7 280z, '79-'83 280zx non turbo, the '80 710 2wd truck  and the '78-'84 810/Maxima. May more of these were made and they are stronger and come in a variety of gear sets and over drive ratios.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByCvxnHNk90SYzc4N2E1MWEtMzg0MC00YTE4LTkxZGQtM2RjODA5ODA1YjU1&tid=0ByCvxnHNk90SMzIxZWIwYWYtYzljNy00ZGU2LWI3ODctYzRjMmE0MGY3NTA1&ddrp=1#

Volume 11 issue 3 of the Dime Quarterly on Google Docs. Nissan Transmission Identification Guide.

Teaser page...

510transswapsinfoandID001.png