1967 Datsun 520 Model Changes

Charlie69

Here are some of the 520 model changes that I have verified from the single headlight 65-66 models to the 67 model.

Of course the grill and double headlights

DSC01715_zpsb48ad6cd.jpg

Bed and fuel door shape change. (Sames as the 521)

DSC01716_zps822482e5.jpg

The fuel neck pipe still had the rubber grommet like the 65-66 models. (Not the 3 screw fuel neck pipe seen in the 521)

I do not have a picture of it but I will post one later.  The fuel neck pipe was totally different than the earlier 65-66 pipe.

DSC01719_zpsa6fe463a.jpg

The tail lights have the back up lights added like the re pops on ebay.

DSC01717_zpsdfffea8f.jpg

The doors are the same as the earlier 65-66 models that have the lock less vent window handles.  this still door also has a rectangular notch on the inside top of the door where the went window is.  Also has the same early style lock mechanism and striker plate on the jamb. you push the door handle forward to lock the door from in the cab.  (I will post pictures later.)

As Wayno noted in another post when I pulled the dash on this 67 truck the instrument cluster had the green turn indicator lenses was from another truck as it had a wrecking paint pen identification on it, all the 65-66 520 trucks I have dealt with had the amber turn indicators.  The dash top was the 520 metal type black in color, but the dash face was black and textured not smooth like in the earlier 65-66 520 models.  This dash face might have been from a later model truck also.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought all 520s had color matched dash faces and the amber turn indicators.  Living in AZ there just are not many 520 around.  It is difficult to tell what the parts actually look like from the old parts and service manuals.

datsonaholic does your 68 have the rubber grommet around the fuel pipe or does it mount with the 3 screws like the 521 fuel pipe/  Does your 68 have the locking wing windows?

Possible changes (to be illustrated with photos at a later time)

Fuse box changes from 6 lug to 10 lug

Battery tray gains side angle supporting braces

Passenfer inner fender gains tab for battery mount

Driver inner fender drilled for waster bag

Sunvisors changed from pressed perimeter edge trim to heat sealed edge.

Keith

Charlie, my 6/69 521 with a J block in it when I bought it doesn't have the locking wingwindow latches, they are the same as my 66 520.

It also has the rubber grommet around the gas filler neck, it has no screws.

I think I had the 521 taillights though, other wise I would have had a set of the narrower taillights around here, and I don't.

I thought all 520s had color matched dash faces and the amber turn indicators.  Living in AZ there just are not many 520 around.  It is difficult to tell what the parts actually look like from the old parts and service manuals.

datsonaholic does your 68 have the rubber grommet around the fuel pipe or does it mount with the 3 screws like the 521 fuel pipe/  Does your 68 have the locking wing windows?

I think the three screw filler neck was used in 521 trucks that had the evaporative emission vapor separator in the bed.

I have four 521 trucks, build dates, 09/69, 01/70, unknown, and 4/70.  Bases on serial numbers, the "unknown" was built possibly 3/70.

The truck built 9/69, and unknown, have a grommet gas filler neck, and do not have evaporative emission control.

The truck built 1/70, and 4/70 do have evaporative emission control, and the three screw filler neck.  I think the 1/70 truck was originally sold in California, and that state required evaporative emission controls before the rest of the nation.

My '68 has rubber grommet and locking wing windows.

Charlie69,

If there are at least four in Arizona, then you have double to population of Texas.

Keith

Now that I'm in TX, that makes 3?  Or were you counting mine already?  :w00t:

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some of the 520 model changes that I have verified from the single headlight 65-66 models to the 67 model.

Of course the grill and double headlights

DSC01715_zpsb48ad6cd.jpg

Added info - those front fenders will fit a 410 or 411 sedan if you can find a junk yard truck with decent fenders.

• 3 weeks later...

hi i need this part my friend

TURN SIGNAL LF RF PICK UP DATSUN 1967 520

THANKS 

This is the 520/521 section, for discussion of our favorite trucks. If looking for parts please do so in out classifieds section... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/7-electrical/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  There is a link near the middle top of every page marked  CLASSIFIEDS

• Like 1