Datsun Bluebird 610 grilles

Guest jaimesix

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

That is a nice grille. I got the 2 grilles I like the most so far. This one is fine, hope some 610 fan get's it.

I would like to get the one the marroon Blue Bird Station Wagon has, that one is really exclusive, at least for all of us living outside of Japan.:)

Thanks for showing this link.

Jaime/________________________________________________________

• 3 months later...
Guest jaimesix
Hi.

Here we can see a Datsun Bluebirdstation wagon. This is a unique grille, never seen anything like this in US nor anywhere else but in Japan.

2328429_258_full.jpg

A look at the rear of this cool JDM Datsun Bluebird

2328429_259_full.jpg

I have to check my records and straighten it out.

OK Datsun Bluebird 610 "Ologists ...let's get busy identifying these grilles.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Last Sunday at Sears Datsun meet I checked Zerows' cool brochure, which shows this grille was the basic grille in Japan. The economy model Datsun 610 used this grille. It is very nice looking, and it is specially nice because it is seldon seen.

BTW, at e/bay, there is an SSS grille for sale. A little pricy, and with my 610 project going on right now, I have no budget for it.

Check it our guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-610-SSS-180B-Grille-Grill-NEW-NOS-Excellent_W0QQitemZ300300366736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

Last Sunday at Sears Datsun meet I checked Zerows' cool brochure, which shows this grille was the basic grille in Japan. The economy model Datsun 610 used this grille. It is very nice looking, and it is specially nice because it is seldon seen.

BTW, at e/bay, there is an SSS grille for sale. A little pricy, and with my 610 project going on right now, I have no budget for it.

Check it our guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-610-SSS-180B-Grille-Grill-NEW-NOS-Excellent_W0QQitemZ300300366736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

Thats a great deal! This guy usually sends stuff in NOS packaging (I've bought from him before, very prompt). I have the grille that I want, this does me no good (read: no competition from zerow)

Guest jaimesix

That same seller offers a Datsun 710 grille. I made an offer on it, but he told me he can not ship any grilles to the US because of size constraints.

What is up with world delivery?? I had a lot of grille deals going south because of shipping problems.

A grille is light. People import cars, refrigerators, construction ,materials, you name it, and these shipping companies cry foul for a plastic grille???:blink:

Jaime.____________________________________________________

A grille is light. People import cars, refrigerators, construction ,materials, you name it, and these shipping companies cry foul for a plastic grille???:blink:

Jaime.____________________________________________________

Wanna know why? Grilles are very expensive pieces compared to their weight. i.e. construction materials can be any size they want, but the larger stuff can be dropped anywhere, and really no major loss/damage. If some shipping company had to babysit the grille all the way from half a world away, the shipper will likely kick it a few times for the heartache it gave. Not a risk worth taking, unless someone were to buy both grilles and have them packed together... A larger, more well padded container/box, and less risk.

Guest jaimesix
Wanna know why? Grilles are very expensive pieces compared to their weight. i.e. construction materials can be any size they want, but the larger stuff can be dropped anywhere, and really no major loss/damage. If some shipping company had to babysit the grille all the way from half a world away, the shipper will likely kick it a few times for the heartache it gave. Not a risk worth taking, unless someone were to buy both grilles and have them packed together... A larger, more well padded container/box, and less risk.

Yes, that sucks. I understand.

There is a lot of good stuff that can not be shipped :mad:

Well, changing gears, since this is the Datsun Bluebird 610 grille thread, I want to post the grilles I have currently for my ride.

This is my favorite grille, actually I am close on both these griles, but this one has the advantage of being in "A" shape. Interestingly enough, I got this grille from down under, and it cost only 65 US for shipping, via air mail!. Since then, I have not been able to purchase any more grilles from AU... air nor sea....weird.

23284290322_large.jpg

This is a second kind of grille I got. Got it here in US. Needs some re-finishing, but it is solid, one pice, not cracked at all. "C" condition due to the aged finish. After some re-finishing it will become "A" condition:)

23284290316_large.jpg

Please post your current grilles, or your favorite grilles. It is cool to see how many different grilles the Bluebird 610 has available!!!!

Jaime._______________________________________________________

This is a perfect condition 73 grille that i have it was for my 73 610 2dr but sold the car to BONVO nice to have:p

Picture313.jpg

Picture314.jpg

So, is it a garage ornament, or is it for sale?

This is a perfect condition 73 grille that i have it was for my 73 610 2dr but sold the car to BONVO nice to have:p

Picture313.jpg

Picture314.jpg

and i thought the one that came with the car was in good shape :eek: and thanks again for selling it to me man it really does mean alot

Sorry not for sale im going to keep it for the next 610.

No problem, I just had to ask.

Good plan. I always stockpile stuff before I buy the next project. It keeps my focus strong, and I see the parts ready to remind me about it.